Player Discussion Jesper Fast Appreciation Thread

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Brooks said a few days ago that there were no negotiations between the parties leading up to the free agency. He said numbers were exchanged at the trade deadline but they were not close. On the fourth, he said Fast was a goner and pegged Carolina as the likely landing spot.

At the time, Gorton had made comments that implied there was at least some dialog, and that there was a possibility he was coming back. Sounded like maybe Brooks had it wrong.

In hindsight, sounds like Brooks had it exactly right.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
He was a damn good player for this team. When he was in the lineup you knew exactly what you were getting, about as honest a plyer as you will ever see.

He was also a great barometer to me, I find the people that didn't like him and constantly criticized him are the people that I find don't know f*** all about hockey.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
loved Fast even while the whole board whined that he was in the top 6

really sad he's going and they better have a good option to replace him.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Jesper Fast is like having the coach on the ice. Whatever play is drawn up, you know there's at least one guy who is going to be exactly where he is supposed to be, doing what he is supposed to be doing. I wish him a great rest of his career and life after hockey. Jesper is proof that talk is cheap and actions speak a thousand words. I can't think of too many interviews from the guy, but he made the players player trophy his layup.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The reports I have is that they offered him 2 years at $2.05m.

May have come down to the third year and the extra million. Did hear quite a few things about their being a concern he’d sign only to be traded as well.

And I am going quote this, now that the Post has the same info I had.

I’m not doing this as an I told you so. I am doing it as a reminder of WHY this happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->