Better now and in the future?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bratt is having a better season. Buchnevich is having a terrible season.

Buchnevich's the bigger talent and better overall player over an extended length of time.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Bratt is having a better season. Buchnevich is having a terrible season.

Buchnevich's the bigger talent and better overall player over an extended length of time.

How do you figure? Bratt has played in the NHL in his 19 and 20 year old seasons and has a similar career ppg

Last edited by a moderator:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
How do you figure? Bratt has played in the NHL in his 19 and 20 year old seasons and has a similar career ppg

I didn't say Bratt was bad or that it isn't close. I think Buchnevich is the bigger talent. Everything is going wrong with his game this season though. Every player has a season like this.

Buch has also been very unlucky. He has one secondary assist through 25 games. Thats plain bad luck for a player whose strength is his playmaking. His underlying numbers this season are quite good actually, but I'm consistent, so I'll criticize my team's players. Scoring forwards gotta score points.

And then his injury came during his best game of the season when he was starting to pick up his play. He's struggled since he returned. Bad line mates, low minutes, as well.

Make this poll next season, and I think it'll be even more lopsided than it is.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
I didn't say Bratt was bad or that it isn't close. I think Buchnevich is the bigger talent. Everything is going wrong with his game this season though. Every player has a season like this.

Buch has also been very unlucky. He has one secondary assist through 25 games. Thats plain bad luck for a player whose strength is his playmaking. His underlying numbers this season are quite good actually, but I'm consistent, so I'll criticize my team's players. Scoring forwards gotta score points.

And then his injury came during his best game of the season when he was starting to pick up his play. He's struggled since he returned. Bad line mates, low minutes, as well.

Make this poll next season, and I think it'll be even more lopsided than it is.
It seems like you're also operating under the assumption that the 20 year old Bratt isn't going to improve.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
It seems like you're also operating under the assumption that the 20 year old Bratt isn't going to improve.

No, I'm not saying that. I just don't think he has the talent to really be more than a second line player.

The Rangers have a guy like him, Brett Howden. Not a huge talent, but pretty reliable and good all-around, so he's able to be a viable top 9 player at a young age.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
No, I'm not saying that. I just don't think he has the talent to really be more than a second line player.

The Rangers have a guy like him, Brett Howden. Not a huge talent, but pretty reliable and good all-around, so he's able to be a viable top 9 player at a young age.
That is sort of what youre saying considering Bratt is already producing at a second line pace

Therefore, you do think he wont progress and hes only 20

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I like Bratt quite a bit, however I like Buch's upside

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I like Buchnevich’s upside more

I like Bratt quite a bit, however I like Buch's upside

Bratt is having a better season at 20 than Buchnevich is having at 23.

I know development isn't linear and all that, but if we're talking upside, shouldn't we be talking about the younger player who has, at worst, equaled his counterpart?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Bratt now, Buch future. It’s pretty close though
I’m still convinced Buch would be a 60 point stud by now if AV used him properly, AV mostly ruined him

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
3 year age gap and Bratt is having the better season. He's little but fast, his defensive game is there, puck control and playmaking are his strengths, needs to work on his shot though. He's gonna be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad