Jesper Bratt has the 8th most points from the 2016 draft

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Is it crazy for me to say I like Bratt more than Hughes?

Why-Not-Both.gif

Reactions: Crow and AusDev

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013

Based on decision-making, not at all. Jack is still really raw. Jesper has been doing many of the little things since day one. A few Devils fans tend to play down Bratt's contributions on defense but he's among the better stick checkers on the team. And he rarely wastes a gesture in transition. He makes all of his linemates better, regardless of who they are.

It's just consistency with him. But my guess is he finishes the year as the team lead in points and will have done so in 7-8 less games than most of the other guys.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
What an awful draft to look back on 5 years later.

For perspective, notorious "busts" Tyson Jost and Jesse Poolparty are 8th and 10th respectively for points by forwards so far.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
What an awful draft to look back on 5 years later.

For perspective, notorious "busts" Tyson Jost and Jesse Poolparty are 8th and 10th respectively for points by forwards so far.
The top couple guys have masked how brutal overall the forwards are, here are the 10 forwards to score >50 points: Matthews, Tkachuk, Laine, Debrincat, Dubois, Keller, Bratt, Jost, Kunin, Puljujarvi

The six defensemen who have scored >50 points: Sergachev, Girard, McAvoy, Chychrun, Fox, Hronek

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

I don't think it's crazy to think Bratt is better right now. He's great. I think they've been on a pretty even level this season. Jack's been creating more chances but Bratt's producing more. Bratt is going to be a really really good 1st liner throughout his prime. I still have no doubts Jack will be better though

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I don't think it's crazy to think Bratt is better right now. He's great. I think they've been on a pretty even level this season. Jack's been creating more chances but Bratt's producing more. Bratt is going to be a really really good 1st liner throughout his prime. I still have no doubts Jack will be better though
Brat has been slowly improving every season for us but and he is one of my favorite players but if he is going to be a 1st line player than he is going to need to not go on these goal drought stretches he always seems to be on. Last season he had a nice stretch where he looked more dominant at driving the net and finishing plays right before the pandemic hit. Hopefully he can find that game again , I know his shooting percentage is low this year and that he had no training camp which factored into his abysmal start. Bratt needs a full season and has to eclipse the 60 point mark for him to be a legit 1st liner . Judging by the way he is going that should happen soon.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Brat has been slowly improving every season for us but and he is one of my favorite players but if he is going to be a 1st line player than he is going to need to not go on these goal drought stretches he always seems to be on. Last season he had a nice stretch where he looked more dominant at driving the net and finishing plays right before the pandemic hit. Hopefully he can find that game again , I know his shooting percentage is low this year and that he had no training camp which factored into his abysmal start. Bratt needs a full season and has to eclipse the 60 point mark for him to be a legit 1st liner . Judging by the way he is going that should happen soon.

He didn't even have a bad start. I don't know why so many people say this. He had an unlucky goal scoring start. That's literally it. His underlying numbers were great and he was still racking up assists.

So far this year he has 14 5v5 pts which is 121st and his 5v5 P/60 is 1.99 which is tied for 93rd. That's high end 2nd line production. He's getting unlucky goal scoring wise with a SH% of 3.77 at 5v5 and 2 goals on an ixG of 4.6 but that's offset by him also having more 2nd assists than you'd expect. He has great underlying numbers this year too. Like you said it's going to happen soon where he proves to be a bonafide 1st liner. It's just a matter of time

Reactions: PizzaAndPucks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad