Pre-Game Talk: Jerts vs Perds * GAME 7 * Thursday, May 10 @ 7:00pm CT

Will our Jets win and advance to the WCF?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
To me as a neutral fan, I think the Jets have looked better in more games than the Preds have.

But this is a great 3-3 series between the two best teams in the NHL. Game 7 seems fitting, and I REALLY hope the Jets win it! Cheers WPG fans.
Maybe this well help some of the doom and gloom crowd hold onto some hope. Thanks for dropping by.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
With all the "doom and gloom" before the game, which I'm currently experiencing myself. The second the puck drops it turns into "let's go, we can do this"

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
So? 30 people have a different opinion.

Before this series started I said the Preds in 7 games. Based on everything going into this series, the Preds did have the upper hand and should win the series.

But in a single game winner take all, anything can happen and I'm hoping it does.

NHL game 7's:

Home 100..... Visitor 70

Team that scores first... 126 to 44

OT games... Home 21.... Visitors 20

Best chance for the Jets is to score first or get the game to OT. If the Preds get up 2-0, turn the channel.
I would be ok if the jets just score first in overtime regardless what else happens before.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
I thought Helle was fine

We had 4 power plays to change momentum

Sometimes the other team is just better and the preds were the one team that finished higher than us in the standings
Sub .900 won't likely be enough to win game 7.

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 10.01.32 PM.png

Well, I guess no point in playing tomorrow. It's already been decided.

Reactions: Jets 31

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
hey friends, not trying to derail the thread, but figured this is the best way for anyone who would be interested to see.

if anyone is interested in doing a 7 round mock draft next week, I am trying to get one going I just put up a post in the mock draft boards a few hours ago - would be nice to have a few of you who like that kind of stuff involved...I have the Hawks, and the Stars are taken so far...every other team is open last I looked and it is just for the actual draft picks for whatever team you take for this coming draft, nothing including rosters or trades...simple, easy, and fun...

now back to the Jets!!!! thanks!

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
A friend told me today “just have fun and enjoy the ride... as long as the ride lasts”. That’s good advice.
That’s what I’m going to do tomorrow.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
For me this series IS the Stanley Cup final
Best two team records battling in game 7
Whoever wins tomorrow should go on and win the cup.

Last edited:
Reactions: ERYX and Hobble

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
This series is certainly a rollercoaster, however I am at peace at whatever happens tomorrow night. This team will be in the hunt for the Stanley cup for the next 5-10 years, and I’m excited about that.

Very optimistic about our chances tomorrow, if we don’t advance I expect they go down fighting tooth and nail.

GoJetsGo

ps @Aavco Cup where ever you are, hoping all is well

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Looking at this game objectively, I'd have to give the edge to Nashville, but if the Jet's win, I'll consider this a small upset, as the teams are close.

Looking at that last game, and they way the Preds completely shut down our power play, I cannot see how the Jet's can win--especially if they get down a couple goals. I'm not convinced the Jet's can solve their defensive "trap game."

I think if the Jet's score first it becomes a 50-50 proposition--and anyone can win.

I'm pulling for the Jet's all the way, and even if they lose I'll be proud of what they accomplished this year, and they will only get better.

The Jet's can win this--with no penalties, and come out hard in the 1st period and get the first goal. I think it will end up a 1 goal win--maybe overtime. If the Jets can win this game-it will be HUGE-- let's go JETS :thumbu:

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Looking at this game objectively, I'd have to give the edge to Nashville, but if the Jet's win, I'll consider this a small upset, as the teams are close.

Looking at that last game, and they way the Preds completely shut down our power play, I cannot see how the Jet's can win--especially if they get down a couple goals. I'm not convinced the Jet's can solve their defensive "trap game."

I think if the Jet's score first it becomes a 50-50 proposition--and anyone can win.

I'm pulling for the Jet's all the way, and even if they lose I'll be proud of what they accomplished this year, and they will only get better.

The Jet's can win this--with no penalties, and come out hard in the 1st period and get the first goal. I think it will end up a 1 goal win--maybe overtime. If the Jets can win this game-it will be HUGE-- let's go JETS :thumbu:
It is unlikely that that the Jets will repeat their worst effort ever on zone entries on the PP for a second straight game. Yes, the Preds PK did a good job, but the Jets also made them look good. The Preds had THREE GUYS ON THE PUCK CARRIER. Holy overcommitment, Batman! The Jets should've been able to exploit that risky strategy with getting the puck out to the wide open space that was there. I'd like to see Scheif and Laine switch positions during the PP like they did earlier in the season with great success. It messes with the coverage and throws off the PK a bit.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It is unlikely that that the Jets will repeat their worst effort ever on zone entries on the PP for a second straight game. Yes, the Preds PK did a good job, but the Jets also made them look good. The Preds had THREE GUYS ON THE PUCK CARRIER. Holy overcommitment, Batman! The Jets should've been able to exploit that risky strategy with getting the puck out to the wide open space that was there. I'd like to see Scheif and Laine switch positions during the PP like they did earlier in the season with great success. It messes with the coverage and throws off the PK a bit.

I hope your right Scheif-- I guess that last game gave me the impression the Preds could impose their will on the Jets -"when the chips are down." On the other hand the Jet's dominated them in some games. Bit of a strange series--I must say.

I hope the Jet's can come out smoking -- and I do feel the Preds will be very uptight in front of their home crowd, which will help the Jets. Also Rinne their Goaltender hasn't played well at home-- hopefully this trend continues.

The Jet's can do this !!!--they have the talent, but can their young guys keep their composure ??--hmmmh-I wonder ???

I'm pulling for the Jets "all the way" but I'll tell you -- I'm certainly not confident they will win-- "but they have a good chance" I hope the Jets feel the way that I do, because they will empty the tank, and leave it all out in the ice.

I don't think any of these teams will be overly confident-we'll see what happens.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
If I had to bet I would say that Wheeler, Little, Laine, Perreault, Lowry are all playing through something significant. Especially Wheeler and Little. Scheif seems fine though as does Trouba-Morrissey.
On the flip side what about Nashville? I was convinced the longer the series went, the better odds the Jets had, due to them being one of the largest sized teams in the playoffs. Personally, I thought someone should have taken a run at PK Subban around Game 2 or 3. He is getting away with murder, and is one of the dirtiest players in the league.

On a related note, I read Gretzky's first Autobiography in 1991, and he made a point of his recollection of walking by the Islanders dressing room, after getting swept in 1983 SCF. Gretzky was stunned to see very few of the players celebrating, but nursing various injuries instead. Gretzky said that it was at that precise moment that he knew that in order to win the Cup, the Oilers players would have to play through any pain, or minor injuries.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I've always preferred CLA, I hope that's a thing.
You know that line might really mess with the Preds and do some damage , Connor , Laine and Armia with Laine playing center . :laugh: Just a little before a game 7 humor to give the clenching a break . :laugh:

Reactions: Ducky10

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Maybe , just maybe the Preds will feel the pressure more by being at home and the Jets just play a simple skate hard , shoot the puck road game . AND WE WIN !!!

Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->