Pre-Game Talk: Jerts vs Perds * GAME 7 * Thursday, May 10 @ 7:00pm CT

Will our Jets win and advance to the WCF?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Gee thanks for such insight! :rolleyes:

He's right and it's worth calling out if that is the direction this thread is heading (as it appears to be).
I have no idea who is hurt or to what extent - much like everyone posting here - so much for insight.
If we fail to show up tomorrow night, I won't be blaming injuries unless they are confirmed.
BTW, I think we bring it Thursday - huge games from Scheif, Wheels, KC, and Helle.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Think I heard a discussion on the radio indicating the following line combinations at practice today:

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Stastny-Laine
Perreault-Roslovic (for Little)-Tanev
Copp-Lowry-Armia

I think I like that fine. Ehlers needs to be with Stastny and Laine, even though he hasn't produced. The other two have been fine. I like the idea of putting Perreault and Tanev on a line with Little. They should create havoc in the offensive zone with speed and tenacity, and both Little and Perreault can generate some good offensive chances. The Lowry line isn't much of a threat to score, but that trio has had very good shot metrics and a very good xGF% over the past couple of seasons.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Are you? Are you really? :squint:
I am, yes.

I was counterbalancing your posted guesses about how badly 5 named key Jet players are injured. I was pointing out that guys play hurt (to some level) in the playoffs. All teams experience it.

But look, we are on the same side here. Just ignore me if my posts bother you so much.

Go Jets Go!

Reactions: Aggie204

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Think I heard a discussion on the radio indicating the following line combinations at practice today:

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Stastny-Laine
Copp-Lowry-Armia

I think I like that fine. Ehlers needs to be with Stastny and Laine, even though he hasn't produced. The other two have been fine. I like the idea of putting Perreault and Tanev on a line with Little. They should create havoc in the offensive zone with speed and tenacity, and both Little and Perreault can generate some good offensive chances. The Lowry line isn't much of a threat to score, but that trio has had very good shot metrics and a very good xGF% over the past couple of seasons.

I like that as well. I am a little curious why all the sudden Roslo filled in instead of Hendricks. Maybe its nothing, or if Little is a gametime decision again they want Roslo's speed. Or maybe even Little is looking doubtful. I am likely just reading too much into a place filler for a Little maintenance day though

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Stastny-Laine
Copp-Lowry-Armia

I like seeing Roslo instead of Hendricks if we need a depth fwd.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I am, yes.

I was counterbalancing your posted guesses about how badly 5 named key Jet players are injured. I was pointing out that guys play hurt (to some level) in the playoffs. All teams experience it.

But look, we are on the same side here. Just ignore me if my posts bother you so much.

Go Jets Go!

Yeh i think we know that but it’s irrelevant to my post. I wasn’t even discussing other teams. Just pointing out that we are far more injured then we’re letting on and you went in a different direction. I was literally only talking about the Jets. Wasn’t even saying it was an excuse. Idk why people always feel like they HAVE to be heard and argue for no reason whatsoever. There are plenty of other things to argue. There was no debate. Just a simple observation. Not hard.

Reactions: Calendal

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg
My nerves for this game are sky high. I don't know how i'll make it through another day tomorrow.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Yeh i think we know that but it’s irrelevant to my post. I wasn’t even discussing other teams. Just pointing out that we are far more injured then we’re letting on and you went in a different direction. I was literally only talking about the Jets. Wasn’t even saying it was an excuse. Idk why people always feel like they HAVE to be heard and argue for no reason whatsoever. There are plenty of other things to argue. There was no debate. Just a simple observation. Not hard.
Not sure how you know how hurt everyone is, but lets not even go there.

I didn't argue with your post at all. I just made an observation. I just pointed out that other teams play hurt as well.

If all that other stuff in your post is not directed at me, the following statement is not for you. If it is directed at me, it is.

Statement: You are being hypersensitive.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
However injured the Jets are, Nashville is likely just as bad.

The Jets strength is supposed to be their depth. If the Jets are banged up there are perfectly acceptable players fully healthy and dying for the opportunity.

Time and time again this team proved what their healthy scratches are capable of.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
The Preds have guys playing hurt as well. All playoff teams do.
Non-sarcastic, serious question - who on the Preds is playing hurt? How is their game being affected? I've seen some observations about our guys in this thread, but I didn't watch Preds enough during the season to notice who is struggling on their team right now.

Update: I took a brief look at the Nashville board, and they are talking about a possible Fisher knee injury (with some commenting that he hasn't done much lately, anyway). I didn't see any other observations about injured players. Maybe they won't complain too much just after a win, though...

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
yeah....I'm not interested in what odds-makers say. They adjust numbers to cover the bets, not to show probable outcomes. Is it possible for the Jets to win? sure. anything can will and does happen in sport. I'm certainly not betting the farm on the win.

Call me a pessimist, i'm ok with that.. I'll be very happy to eat crow, but the jets have won some games where they were outplayed in this series, and the games they lost...they looked like an AHL team had stolen the big clubs uniforms. Nashville has looked better in almost every phase of every game.

As for "closing the series out" I think the Jets have dropped the ball on this series a couple of times. Games 4 and 6 were big opportunities to apply pressure/end it. From my experience, if you let a team like Nashville, a proven reg season AND playoff performer, to hang around...you regret it in the end.
The average single game better is well informed these days and there are many sites that will break down information for you. You can trust a betting line to be a pretty good representation of the true odds. The opening odds happen to be pretty close to the historical odds of a visiting team winning a game 7. The only game you can say the Jets got out played and lost was the 1st game, but an unbiased look at the numbers for the series show an amazingly close dead heat. What the world outside of Winnipeg sees is two very closely matched teams tied 3-3 with almost identical numbers over 6 games. It is fair to say the the Preds should be favoured but it is far from a lost cause many suggest. Our inexperience may do us in at the end, but that is far from certain.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Had a peek at the Preds board and this is my take on how their taking another 24 hrs until puck drop...

tumblr_o3qhojyyvL1qal0zgo1_500.gif

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
That's cool perspective - harkens back to the "Fueled By Passion" tagline.

I have no idea what will unfold tomorrow evening; I hope like hell that the Jets win, but honestly, they've pushed the President's Cup trophy winner/Stanley cup finalist to a do or die game 7 in the Division final, and far exceeded my expectations this season.

I will be heartbroken, yet I am also still feeling some residual joy at how the Jets' amazing season went. I will add that if the Jets lose, especially in an ugly fashion, I will step back from the HF Jets for a while; I'm sorry, but I cannot believe so many posters are angry and fulminating so vociferously because the Jets didn't wrap this up in 4 or 5 games. We're not Leafs fans, or at least I hope not.

Go Jets Go! Keep us on this Magical Mystery Tour
In case of a loss I will still be very happy with the season but I will likely be done for the summer as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->