Pre-Game Talk: Jerts vs Perds * GAME 7 * Thursday, May 10 @ 7:00pm CT

Will our Jets win and advance to the WCF?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I'm so into these games. Maybe too much?

Nah.:laugh:

I like the Jets' chances - especially if they lay down a solid game, and keep the Preds to the periphery.

Embarrassed at home, and the Jets have two days to stew about it. Mark Messier semi-famously made the point that the loser of game 6 always feels the most urgency in game 7.

We've got this, folks!

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I predicted a 7 game series, but I did not predict how we would get here.

I really thought the Jets would win their 3 home games and the Preds would win their 3 home games and we would be 3-3. I know it is the same as what we have and we are in the same place, but I would be more happy to have sat thru 3 wins at home instead of what we got.

Going in to the series most people thought all we had to do was win one game in Nashville... but now we are looking at having to win 3 games in Nashville... this is a big ask.

It is 50-50 IMO, but it's amazing how this last game is going to come down to who can score first. Jets score first then the Preds have to open it up and that helps the Jets. Preds score first and shut it down and it appears we have no solution for that.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
So I'm fairly confident going into this one, all things considered. Normally a game 7 on the road after blowing the 6th game is a bad sign/omen, but, the fact is home teams have stunk so far in this series. This to me is at least a coin flip.

I'm already feeling a little nervous and anxious, can't imagine how I'll feel Thursday. I feel like pressure will squarely be back on Nashville and that should give us a boost.

Oh and for god sakes can we leave Hendricks in Manitoba?

Reactions: jefferoni

DREGER21

Mar 26, 2018
Am also of the belief the the Jets have been feeling the pressure when playing in front of the home crowd (essentially 25k-35K). The only consistency I've seen in the series is that we've come out flat in the 1st period in all 6 previous games. Game 7 will not be the time to continue this trend. Looking for the positives, Nashville will feel the pressure far more than the Jets on Thursday. If we can just play well in the 1st and get that first goal.. Nashville will play scared the rest of the game and I think we can beat them.

Reactions: jefferoni and GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Am also of the belief the the Jets have been feeling the pressure when playing in front of the home crowd (essentially 25k-35K). The only consistency I've seen in the series is that we've come out flat in the 1st period in all 6 previous games. Game 7 will not be the time to continue this trend. Looking for the positives, Nashville will feel the pressure far more than the Jets on Thursday. If we can just play well in the 1st and get that first goal.. Nashville will play scared the rest of the game and I think we can beat them.

I don't like the idea of having to score first -- because I think all great teams should be able to come from behind and win. Teams with will and character can do this.

With that being said--it certainly appears in this series, whoever scores first, has a very big advantage. I guess we're going to have to score first, and hope Helle has a "lights out" game, and we could be OK --and win this game.

This is going to be a very fast and gritty game, and will be won within 1 goal IMO. The Jet's can beat these guys.

I'd very much like to see Maurice develop some strategies for their defensive "trap game"--in the event Nashville scores first. This is critical, as we had 3 power plays in the 1st period, and hardly got a shot on net. Something should be done about this.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player audio from today's availability: Stastny, Perreault and Hellebuyck.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: What kind of wisdom does he impart on his team for game 7? Is there any difference in preparation for a game 7? What is his experience in game 7s? How much pressure is on him to come up with a winning combination? How much does youth/experience factor into game 7? What does Nikolaj Ehlers have to do to get going in this series? Feeling “juice” as they approach game 7? Why has home ice not been an advantage to either team? Considering how close these two teams are what is gonna be the difference on Thursday? How do the players maintain focus? On how they got to game 7. Why has it been so different? Why has there been no momentum? Does he get the sense that anyone needs “picking up” today? On Connor Hellebuyck’s fierce competitiveness.

To listen click here.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Even though I'm not superstitious I recall this guy bringing us luck this season when he was posted in Pre-GTs and GDTs so I figure what the heck...

corsi_jim_team_staf.jpg

Anybody else remember other things that brought us good luck or our opponent bad luck? Feel free to post them...

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Hmm, seem to have a lot of these in this poll.

fence-sitting-cowboys.jpg

Come on, people. Commit! It's not like anyone is going to shoot your dog (0r cat) if you're wrong. Let's see if you're an optimist or a realist. ;)

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
A couple of things to keep in mind for Thursday's game in Nashville. 1) The Jets only finished 3 points behind the Predators at the end of the season. Those that believe Nashville is so much stronger because they finished 1st overall may have overlooked how close the Jets came to finishing 1st themselves. 2) Although the Predators made it to the Stanley Cup finals last year, let's remember that they were the last team to qualify for the playoffs in the Western conference. The Predators are no more deserving to advance past the 2nd round this year than the Jets are.

The Jets don't need to take a back seat to Nashville just because some members of the Predators think they deserve to advance based on their hard work and experience. Winnipeg had an awesome season this year and has earned the right to be one of the final four and moreso than Nashville did last year.

:jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad