Jersey Unveil at Wynn on June 20th

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Its interesting how many expansion teams botch their initial jersey design. Almost like you want to have something to look back at and laugh. Hopefully they look to change in a couple years.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Would be cool to see some variants of the home jersey with the gold & red for the letters/numbers.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Stripes aren't as cool as they used to be. We're all getting old, and that will hopefully continue for all of us into the future.

I'm guessing there's a lot of 18 year olds out there talking about the design being "fire" or whatever the cool kids are calling awesome stuff now.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Avs fan here,

Your new jerseys are pretty awesome, love the logo, love the secondary logo, and I love the colors.

Good job guys!

ManiacCaniac

Nov 7, 2005
I love the sweaters. Really cool implementation of the knight's helmet that integrates the V. Colors look OK with me. Sort of menacing. :handclap:

TheJungleHunter

Jun 6, 2017
Nashville, TN
Nice jerseys, guys! My only complaint is that the lettering and numbering should be red or gold instead of the white. The number of colors on the home jersey seems a bit much with the Gold, Gray, Red, Black, and White.

I think the red is a nice touch, and really should have been implemented somewhere in the main logo as an outline or accent, too.

Overall, they look sharp and I look forward to seeing them on the ice this next season!

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Stripes aren't as cool as they used to be. We're all getting old, and that will hopefully continue for all of us into the future.

I'm guessing there's a lot of 18 year olds out there talking about the design being "fire" or whatever the cool kids are calling awesome stuff now.

I stopped keeping track at "rad" and "sick". Yeah, old guys like me don't matter. Gotta appeal to the young-uns who will spend what little money they have foolishly. And yes, I will yell at them to get off my lawn. :nod:

Overall, not crazy about the arm treatment. The away jersey especially has that German National long johns look to it. ;) Hopefully, it gets some tweaks. Don't be like the Jets who came up with a bad design, think its perfect and steadfastly refuse to move on, even though many fans would like to see a return to the original Jets look. The Heritage Classic jerseys are very popular.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Got a look at them in person and will say they look better than in the images with the flash. The grey is really nice, so I will be going with a home jersey.

But again if they had gone gold with the numbers and letters alone it would be a top 3 jersey. The red stripe, well maybe make it smaller, I don't know, or perhaps use it as trim around numbers and letters.

At some point I am sure these will be adjusted. They're better than I thought, but still feel like they just missed the mark and could have been ridiculously good right out the gate.

4h4b

Oct 21, 2016
Well... I kinda like the jersey, though, I am not a big fan of the adidas collar design.

The color scheme is great, but the red on the sleeves reminds me of the belgium flag :-D

The away jersey especially has that German National long johns look to it. ;) Hopefully, it gets some tweaks. Don't be like the Jets who came up with a bad design, think its perfect and steadfastly refuse to move on, even though many fans would like to see a return to the original Jets look. The Heritage Classic jerseys are very popular.

Can you explain to a german guy what a "german National long john" is? I am learning english and I´m not sure what this means, many thanks in advance :)

For me it´s more like Belgium, Germanys colors are in a different order and I have to say it, I realy love the Jets 2.0 Design :-D

Last edited:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
My only complaint/wish is that the black section of the sleeves being larger than the other two sections.. just looks funny to me.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I stopped keeping track at "rad" and "sick". Yeah, old guys like me don't matter. Gotta appeal to the young-uns who will spend what little money they have foolishly. And yes, I will yell at them to get off my lawn. :nod:

Overall, not crazy about the arm treatment. The away jersey especially has that German National long johns look to it. ;) Hopefully, it gets some tweaks. Don't be like the Jets who came up with a bad design, think its perfect and steadfastly refuse to move on, even though many fans would like to see a return to the original Jets look. The Heritage Classic jerseys are very popular.

Get with the times. The sweater replicas have touch screen material with flashing emojis to display your current mood and a programmable hashtag where old, out of touch jerseys would feature names.

The merch looks really sick though with the grey and just the logo.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
What color will the away lettering be?

If its going to be gold, I will instruct the shop to customize my home jersey with the away lettering, it will be the best way to ensure the white goes away from the jerseys. I dont want to have any jersey with white on the back.
-

Does Vegas really need 6 colors on the home jersey? And again, whoever decided to have white adidas logo and white lettering and numbers on the home jersey needs to be fired on the spot!

1. Grey
2. Gold
3. Red
4. Black
5. Armpits different grey
6. White

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
What color will the away lettering be?

If its going to be gold, I will instruct the shop to customize my home jersey with the away lettering, it will be the best way to ensure the white goes away from the jerseys. I dont want to have any jersey with white on the back.
-

Does Vegas really need 6 colors on the home jersey? And again, whoever decided to have white adidas logo and white lettering and numbers on the home jersey needs to be fired on the spot!

1. Grey
2. Gold
3. Red
4. Black
5. Armpits different grey
6. White

I don't think #5 should count. We've seen them in the light now, they're as matching as you can get with the fabric from what I've seen.

The white should really be silver IMO, but that's adding yet another color.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
So I saw this in the jersey thread on the main board and then someone else had heard that the on Ice authentic jerseys won't be sold at the retail level, only to the teams. If anyone can confirm this, that would be great as I tend to prefer the authentics.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The gold looked terrible on tv. I like the logo but the jersey overall is disappointing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->