Jersey Unveil at Wynn on June 20th

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Gold letters & numbers (not white) on the charcoal jerseys and removing the red stripe on the arm and these would have been among the best sweaters in the league in year one.

As it is they look clownish, cobbled together. Gold on the arm looks forced, since it's not tied in with the numbers/letters at the least.

Gonna look at them in person when I get back to town, but at this point I think the organization missed the mark.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Okay so obviously I really like the front and I'm not against the red stripe.

52f4d6265fdcb2ef358ebbba98e582e8.png

I don't know what in the hell those back panels are though and why they are a different color.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
I call bull. How did they get some gold but not full gold.

You simply sew the gold over the other material. Strength is there, and it looks right. There's been metallics on jerseys for years and it works fine provided it's sewn on top.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Why the golden THICK BAR on the sleeve and socks?

The thin gold stripes and even red look good. But that thick golden band is fugly. :shakehead

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
The away jerseys look kinda nice. The home jerseys look a bit too much like old Senators discards... Hopefully the red stripe goes very soon.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
What kills me is they have the best primary and secondary logos in the league. Seriously, they're that good. But the stars on the shoulders are all the red you need, not sure why someone felt the need to push red into the primary pallette. That's a real fail for the Adidas crew, just about everyone I know don't like the red and the tweets are unanimous as well.

Seems to me that the team being the Golden Knights they should have ensured gold was dominant in the numbers, letters, etc. Just a couple tweaks and these things would be outstanding and the type of jersey casual fans & visitors to Vegas would buy just for the look.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Okay so obviously I really like the front and I'm not against the red stripe.

52f4d6265fdcb2ef358ebbba98e582e8.png

I don't know what in the hell those back panels are though and why they are a different color.

Those stars on the shoulder though... They got that right didn't they. Man those look great.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
The Kings missed a golden opportunity to switch back to their classic crown logo for the unpcoming season. That could have been a marketing/rivalry dream come true. Their current logo is so boring.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
What kills me is they have the best primary and secondary logos in the league. Seriously, they're that good. But the stars on the shoulders are all the red you need, not sure why someone felt the need to push red into the primary pallette. That's a real fail for the Adidas crew, just about everyone I know don't like the red and the tweets are unanimous as well.

Seems to me that the team being the Golden Knights they should have ensured gold was dominant in the numbers, letters, etc. Just a couple tweaks and these things would be outstanding and the type of jersey casual fans & visitors to Vegas would buy just for the look.

I really don't get the aversion to the red stripe. I think it gives the jersey pop.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
The red stripe isn't necessary. It feels forced. Especially because of the red in the secondary logo.
Take the red out and the black portions out and replace it with more gray and you've got a damn good jersey. The fact that there aren't any gray home jerseys in the league is even more reason.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
The red stripe isn't necessary. It feels forced. Especially because of the red in the secondary logo.
Take the red out and the black portions out and replace it with more gray and you've got a damn good jersey. The fact that there aren't any gray home jerseys in the league is even more reason.

+1.

I would definately buy a jersey with that design if they get a decent finnish players. Haven't bought an NHL jersey in 15 years.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Get rid of all white on the jersey please.

ronthemailman

Oct 23, 2016
Las Vegas
Maybe it's all the over lighting but the pants and socks look like windbreaker material, kinda silky and shiny...much prefer traditional cotton material look...seems like the polyester baseball uniforms from the 80's

EventHorizon

Bring Back Ties!
After how much I loved the logo, I had a feeling the jerseys would disappoint me. Was I wrong. These are beautiful. Those little details in the black on the logo and the gold stripes are wonderful touches. They really knocked it out of the park with this one.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
I really don't get the aversion to the red stripe. I think it gives the jersey pop.

I will admit that seeing them in person might change my mind. We'll see, but for right now meh.

That said I will of course buy one. But if I don't like them when I look at them in person I won't be buying originals for family and whatnot. Will go with shirts and other apparel.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Agreed. My only complaint is I wish they made the black at the top of the jersey extend to the shoulder and neck of the jersey. More gold would've been cool with me too but I like non traditional and busy jerseys. The Coyotes old green thirds are just all time favorites, so my taste in jerseys is quite different haha.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
+1.

I would definately buy a jersey with that design if they get a decent finnish players. Haven't bought an NHL jersey in 15 years.

Early indications are that Vegas will be selecting Eric Haula from Minnesota. Not sure if you count him as a decent Finnish player or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad