OT: Jersey help

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
The fact that they're not showing you the logo should tell you something about the quality of the jersey.

... and the fact that the Kings never had numbers and name plates in that font.

But hey, if you like it... that's all that matters.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I've bought several from coolhockey.com

This is their site http://www.coolhockey.com/

Not sure about shop.ca

I was going to say I bought from coolhockey and it does not look like the website linked in the OP.
I purchased a Carter team Canada jersey and it appears to be legit. I have matched against my buddies Crosby jersey from jersey city and it was the same. I also matched against his girlfriends Crosby nock off and the one from coolhockey is a lot better.
My only complaint was that delivery took a few weeks longer than I was quoted.

christhn

May 25, 2012
I think you first need to define what legit means to you.

Sites like coolhockey.com, icejerseys.com, sportsk.com, etc. are all licensed sellers of NHL apparel. However, when it comes to customizing a jersey, especially vintage ones, their fonts are not always 100% accurate.

Having bought from many of these sites, I've yet to see one that uses the proper font on the arms for the 1990's Kings jerseys, unless you're buying the Mitchell and Ness Gretzy one.

I believe that their letters and numbers are all official kits from the NHL, but they probably find the one that looks closest to the one they need, since there are probably only a handful of fonts used across all the teams anyways. Because of this, it will not be 100% accurate when creating a throwback jersey.

Hope that helps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad