OT: Jersey Discussion

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
All I know is that I hate this season's jerseys. I think the orange is waaay too much and they got rid of the nice blue.

Wish they stuck with the jerseys of the last couple years.

I actually think this year's is one of the worst in the history of the team. It's also tainted because of the way the season has gone. I really hope they get rid of this ugly experiment next year.

Go back to the roots. The old blue with some orange, and have a third jersey that is copper and navy like the OP said.

If they think they need to start a "new chapter" they should do that by firing the OBC, not change the jerseys to these ridiculous ones.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I hate the new bright orange/navy blue combo (maybe because the team sucks in these jerseys).

I'm also a fan of the copper/blue. Those were always the Oilers colours for me since I was born in that era. We probably wont see the copper for a long time

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm 99% sure the dark navy blue version of the current jersey design is already prototyped and ready to go for next season (or when ever adidas is planning to allow three jerseys).

The orange I think will be scaled back big time, partly because of the terrible after taste of this season.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Those jerseys were uglier than hell, terrible design and even worse colour's. They'll never be back.

I dunno these uglies were pretty bad too

2007---2008-Edmonton-Oilers-Jersey.jpg

$_35.JPG

Both times that Reebok or Adidas have forced jersey changes the Oilers have come off a promising season to have a massively disappointing one.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The "new" Oilers jersey (probably unveiled at the draft) will basically just be this color scheme/shade of blue I would assume:

BZ8730_c55ea6ab-6033-4b83-ae1f-6dc5695155a0_1024x1024.jpeg

I'm pretty sure they already have them prototyped already going back to last summer, they just could only release the white and orange versions.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Yeah I’ve been thinking all year if they flip the colours on the homes it would be a nice jersey. Preferred last years orange/blue combo. Last years jerseys were perfect honestly. The home, away and 3rd all on point.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Blue will be back and the Oilers will make a big fuss about it "Back In Blue, Pre-order your new Oilers home blue jersey" etc. etc. etc. and have the new 1st round pick parade around in it at the draft. They have the blue jersey already likely when they made the orange and white ones they made blue also, they just can't sell that one until next season.

My question is do they go with orange numbers (like the traditional Oilers blue) or with white on blue numbers like the 1990s Ryan Smyth era Oilers. I'm guessing dark navy blue like the 90s Oilers but with orange numbers, like the traditional Oilers uni, that combo has from my understanding never been done.

Reactions: ujju2

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I dunno these uglies were pretty bad too

2007---2008-Edmonton-Oilers-Jersey.jpg

$_35.JPG

Both times that Reebok or Adidas have forced jersey changes the Oilers have come off a promising season to have a massively disappointing one.

IMO the worst Oilers jersey's ever above.

I do think this year's oranges were a slight improvement over the first edition. Never liked the numbers on the shoulder being so high and I prefer the current piping around the torso.

Waiting to see what the new blues look like before I buy my next jersey. I think this is the best shade of blue the Oilers have ever used.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I hate the orange jerseys for a number of reasons. They hurt the eyes to look at being number one. As far as the copper and blue goes, those colours represent the EIG era. Just like the jersey created by Macfarlane, it won’t be brought back while Katz own the team. Bring back the blue and orange and pass a law making it a punishable by death offense for any owner to change it again.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
The none orange is too much and imo I didn't like the orange last year either.

I like the blue and orange from prior years. The aways always look really good too. Even now like our current aways far better than orange home.

I also really liked the McFarlane jersey but know that's a minority opinion lol. Give me the 06 cup run jerseys as our third. Be nice to represent something besides the 80s as well.

Reactions: ujju2

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Hope they go back to blue for home. But I have to admit that I loooove this year's away jerseys. They're legit.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I also hope they go back to blue for the homes and orange as a third. The question I have is this: Orange shoulder yoke or not on the blues? With a shoulder yoke, it would basically be the old blues (last year and before), but with the new colours. Without a yoke, it would basically be the cup run jerseys with orange instead of copper.

My vote is no yokes. I feel like on a dark blue jersey, orange yokes would stand out too much.

Ideally, we'd have last year's jerseys back imo. Starting to miss how vibrant the blue and orange were.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
My question is do they go with orange numbers (like the traditional Oilers blue) or with white on blue numbers like the 1990s Ryan Smyth era Oilers. I'm guessing dark navy blue like the 90s Oilers but with orange numbers, like the traditional Oilers uni, that combo has from my understanding never been done.

Good question. The other question for me (as above) is shoulder yokes or not. Again, one option would be traditional, while the other would be more like the 90s.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Blue dominant with Orange accents is a great combination and I also want to them back.
The old design is lacking and needs a heavy overhaul in design aesthetics before we go back to them.
Perfect time to do it while enjoying the orange jerseys.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
The orange is way too much for myself as well and the blue ones are very very mediocre. I did not mind the early 2000's third jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad