Jersey Collection

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
Opinions: Which player from my jersey collection stands the best chance of success?

View media item 6853
Shane Wright - Don Mills Flyers
Alex Newhook - YS Express
Cole Perfetti - Whitby Wildcats
Cam York - Ana Jr Ducks (Quebec peewee tourney)
Cole Caufield - Team Illinois
Trevor Zegras - MF Rangers
Alex Turcotte - Honeybaked hockey
Spencer Knight - MF Rangers
Quinton Byfield - YS Express
Ryan Merkley - Toronto Jr Canadiens
Matt Savoie - Western Canada Selects (WSI)
Dylan Strome - Toronto Marlboros
Jack Studnicka - Compuware Hockey
Ty Tullio - Oshawa Jr Gens
Brandt Clarke - DM Flyers
Ty Smilanic - Colorado Thunderbirds
Robert Mastrosimone - NY Jr Islanders (Quebec peewee tourney)
Isaac Ratcliffe - London Jr Knights

All jerseys were acquired directly from the player.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
Your goal of making me drool at your collection can be considered “achieved”.

Holy crap, I’m in awe.

Thank you...I've been working on this since 2014...it was slow at first to start to get players to ship me their shirt but it snowballed...once a few did it...it was easier. Most are acquired when the player is 14 or 15. Once the prospect is 16 it becomes very difficult to get them to send anything.

Other players I have that aren't listed are: Carter Savoie, Sasha Mutala, Curtis Hall, Connor Lockhart, Cutter Gauthier, Marshall Warren, Nick Pierre, Graeme Clarke, Danny Weight, Akil Thomas, Jake Pivonka, Christian Krygier, Gerard Keane, Nick Porco, Tage Thompson, John Farinacci, Luke Toporowski, Kirill Nizhnikov

Last edited:

Bluenatic

Fresh start
Aug 13, 2010
STL
That's a kick ass collection. Don't know enough about all the prospects to weigh in on who will be the best but I recognize plenty of names and I'm not a prospect junkie

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
I'll take Turcotte as maybe the safest pick of the bunch for the reason he appears to have such a strong 2 way game.

ok thank you for your opinion..id rate them in this order:

1. shane wright
2. Quinton byfield
3. Matt savoie
4. Alex turcotte
5. Trevor zegras
6. Spencer knight
7. Cole perfetti
8. Alex newhook
9. Cole caufield
10. Brandt Clarke
11. Cam York

Reactions: Dominance

MitchBetts91

Jul 4, 2019
That's an amazing collection!! How much conversation does it take to get a 14 kid to send a person who I assume they don't know to send you their jersey? Or do you contact their parents first? I'm truly fascinated at the names and the age at which you acquired these.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
That's an amazing collection!! How much conversation does it take to get a 14 kid to send a person who I assume they don't know to send you their jersey? Or do you contact their parents first? I'm truly fascinated at the names and the age at which you acquired these.

Most kids i ask it takes 2 or 3 messages of conversation over social media...most i assume are just honored to be asked and join the other big names that came before...

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Most kids i ask it takes 2 or 3 messages of conversation over social media...most i assume are just honored to be asked and join the other big names that came before...
If I’m a 14 year old kid and someone contacts me asking for my jersey, I’m sending it instantly and bragging about it at school and around the rink for a week :laugh:

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... id rate them in this order:

1. shane wright
2. Quinton byfield
3. Matt savoie
4. Alex turcotte
5. Trevor zegras
6. Spencer knight
7. Cole perfetti
8. Alex newhook
9. Cole caufield
10. Brandt Clarke
11. Cam York
Is your motivation for ranking purely for conversation (which you've achieved), or does it involve establishing current or future values for the items?

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
ok thank you for your opinion..id rate them in this order:

1. shane wright
2. Quinton byfield
3. Matt savoie
4. Alex turcotte
5. Trevor zegras
6. Spencer knight
7. Cole perfetti
8. Alex newhook
9. Cole caufield
10. Brandt Clarke
11. Cam York

This is my order out of all of them.

In terms of forwards.

1. Shane wright
2. Quinton Byfield
3. Alex Turcotte
4. Matt Savoie
5. Trevor Zegras
6. Dylan Strome
7. Alex Newhook
8. Cole Perfetti
9. Cole Caufield
10. Jack Studnicka
11. Tage Thompson
12. Ty Smilanic
13. Akil Thomas
14. John Farinacci
15. Carter Savoie
16. Robert Mastrosimonne
17. Graeme Clarke
18. Isaac Ratcliffe
19. Ty Tullio
20. Curtis Hall
21. Jake Pivonka
22. Sasha Mutala
23. Connor Lockhart
24. Nick Pierre
25. Nick Porco
26. Cutter Gauthier
27. Luke Toporowski
28. Danny Weight
29. Kirill Nizhnikov
-----
Defence
1. Brandt Clarke
2. Cam York
3. Ryan Merkley
4. Gerard Keane
5. Marshall Warren
6. Christian Kyrgier
---
Goalies
1. Spencer Knight.

That is a crazy collection... Congrats. I am jealous.

Reactions: NYIschremp44

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
This is my order out of all of them.

In terms of forwards.

1. Shane wright
2. Quinton Byfield
3. Alex Turcotte
4. Matt Savoie
5. Trevor Zegras
6. Dylan Strome
7. Alex Newhook
8. Cole Perfetti
9. Cole Caufield
10. Jack Studnicka
11. Tage Thompson
12. Ty Smilanic
13. Akil Thomas
14. John Farinacci
15. Carter Savoie
16. Robert Mastrosimonne
17. Graeme Clarke
18. Isaac Ratcliffe
19. Ty Tullio
20. Curtis Hall
21. Jake Pivonka
22. Sasha Mutala
23. Connor Lockhart
24. Nick Pierre
25. Nick Porco
26. Cutter Gauthier
27. Luke Toporowski
28. Danny Weight
29. Kirill Nizhnikov
-----
Defence
1. Brandt Clarke
2. Cam York
3. Ryan Merkley
4. Gerard Keane
5. Marshall Warren
6. Christian Kyrgier
---
Goalies
1. Spencer Knight.

That is a crazy collection... Congrats. I am jealous.

thank you for the ranking! As far as my motivation for asking, I guess its a little of both. Part of it was to create conversation but i’m truly interested of potential value if there ever will be any. I wonder if youth jerseys really cary with them any value at all- would anyone even care about a Dartmouth Subways Crosby jersey or Toronto Marlboros McDavid? Its such a unique odd collection theres no way of really saying. My opinion is if the player turns out to be a legendary name like one of the previously mentioned it has pretty good value...but your average NHL career- for ex nobody cares about Cody Ceci’s minor midget jersey except Cody’s parents

Last edited:

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... As far as my motivation for asking, I guess its a little of both. Part of it was to create conversation but i’m truly interested of potential value if there ever will be any. I wonder if youth jerseys really cary with them any value at all- would anyone even care about a Dartmouth Subways Crosby jersey or Toronto Marlboros McDavid? Its such a unique odd collection theres no way of really saying. My opinion is if the player turns out to be a legendary name like one of the previously mentioned it has pretty good value...but your average NHL career- for ex nobody cares about Cody Ceci’s minor midget jersey except Cody’s parents
Hockey jersey collecting is like many (if not all) other collectibles hobbies in two key aspects: (1) The collection should be undertaken & sustained primarily based on the collector's personal interests and enjoyment; and (2) The intrinsic value of the collection as a whole is likely to be dominated by just one or two items that have unique qualities of great interest to other collectors, while the rest are just there to admire & collect dust (and draw criticism from a significant other for the space they take up). One bit of advice: Insure your collection for a reasonable replacement value (considering the items' values as jerseys + the effort you expended obtaining them), or your "personal interests and enjoyment" might someday yield nothing but regrets & an empty wallet.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
Hockey jersey collecting is like many (if not all) other collectibles hobbies in two key aspects: (1) The collection should be undertaken & sustained primarily based on the collector's personal interests and enjoyment; and (2) The intrinsic value of the collection as a whole is likely to be dominated by just one or two items that have unique qualities of great interest to other collectors, while the rest are just there to admire & collect dust (and draw criticism from a significant other for the space they take up). One bit of advice: Insure your collection for a reasonable replacement value (considering the items' values as jerseys + the effort you expended obtaining them), or your "personal interests and enjoyment" might someday yield nothing but regrets & an empty wallet.

yes, i am not into this collection to pay for my kid’s college or my retirement...just doing it as a hobby i enjoy. I was just curious on a $ value as a talking point. I have friends who are avid hockey fans who I've shown this collection to and they don’t understand/get/appreciate it. I guess it takes a certain type of hockey fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->