NFL: Jerry Richardson puts Panthers up for sale - UPDATE: David Tepper is the buyer

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
i dont want to speculate or speak without proof but wouldnt this kind of signal richardson did commit the sexual violations?

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
These days sexual assault allegations are a death sentence (ask Weinstein & Spacey) so I'm not shocked.

His last year running the team has been tough to begin with and at his age, youre better off collecting a billion and retiring.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
i dont want to speculate or speak without proof but wouldnt this kind of signal richardson did commit the sexual violations?

Typically yes, it seems like an admission of guilt.

Especially today they reported the staff who made the accusations were given large buyouts/severances so thats a good indication he was guilty and they paid fr their silence/cooperation.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
How 2017 is it that we have people out here forming an ownership group via twitter

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
We have a bidder

Apparently one of the other reasons he wants to buy them is so he can sign Kapernick and have him compete with Newton for the starting job.... not sure how much of an actual competition there is going to be.

Unless he teams up with Jay Z or some other celeb, he doesn't have the cash.

Jay Z is out; as a registered sports agent he can't have an ownership stake in any team, even if he doesn't represent NFL players.

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
These days sexual assault allegations are a death sentence (ask Weinstein & Spacey) so I'm not shocked.

His last year running the team has been tough to begin with and at his age, youre better off collecting a billion and retiring.

I think a big test will be the next athlete accused. If Big Bens or Winstons allegations came out today, are they still employed?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I didn't seriously believe Diddy or Curry had anywhere close to the money or ability to buy the team. It's probably going to be someone like Bruton Smith and co. Yay. Jerry Richardson redux.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Richardson was apparently very disappointed to learn he had to sell the whole team rather than each player individually.

Reactions: Voight

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm seeing Peyton Manning's name being thrown around a lot.

Not as a majority owner mind you, but the face/operator of a consortium.

It could possibly work.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Apparently one of the other reasons he wants to buy them is so he can sign Kapernick and have him compete with Newton for the starting job.... not sure how much of an actual competition there is going to be.

Jay Z is out; as a registered sports agent he can't have an ownership stake in any team, even if he doesn't represent NFL players.

THEN WHAT WAS Jay Z buying a stake in the Brooklyn Nets, then?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'm seeing Peyton Manning's name being thrown around a lot.

Not as a majority owner mind you, but the face/operator of a consortium.

It could possibly work.

IMO he's waiting for Amy Adams (Bud's daughter, not the actress) to sell the Titans or put some of it for sale.
Or he's waiting for Eli, I've read its a dream of the Mannings to own a team/have a stake between the 3 of them. (lol where is Archie gonna get the money for his share)

THEN WHAT WAS Jay Z buying a stake in the Brooklyn Nets, then?

He sold his 0.30% stake when he registered as an agent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad