Jerringpriset

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Nordén was such a fail to win. What is wrong with letting a winner win, I understand that the sailing guys were frustrated. What could they do better? Fail with fractions of a win, that would have been better than winning very closely.

Well, I have voted on the Jerringpris now, I hope for something better this time (but nothing will change, with this "popularity price", I know who will win already....)

Trotzig

Oct 24, 2009
Aaaand there goes my sanity. The two last candidates to jerringpriset are two silver medalers.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Did the loser win another award? (stopped watching after both Zlatan and our boys were out)

Harks

Oct 27, 2010
Malmö
First and Second place went to people who didn't win, Sweden in a nutshell.

Well, I thought she was a worthy winner, she did win WC after all. Was glad as long as the Horse-chick didn't win, then this price would have lost meaning.

Overall surprisingly good outcome of the prises(Lande, Zlatan) and I just loved it to the bones watching RGB's smug, overclass, ***gy face lose to Zlatan, with him not making a grim, and the other nominees clapping the winner.:handclap: That was the highlight of the gala!

How far off can a hockey-gala be of surfacing? Can't believe we don't have one yet.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
To me it was Myhrer (an outstanding season and the first time in 19 years a swede won the total slalom cup), the junior hockey team (no comments) or the sailing guys (winners in the olympics) in that order.

I would love a hockey-event, a finger to the rest of the uncaring sport Sweden and real good PR for the sport of hockey.

His Beardliness*

It's a voting price. Vote more if you want your candidate to win. "Hästfolket" have gained too much power in our country, though, and they need to be eliminated.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
I would love a hockey-event, a finger to the rest of the uncaring sport Sweden and real good PR for the sport of hockey.

The problem is that there isn't any time during the year where a hockey awards ceremony would be a good fit. Can't have a big event when most of the people getting awards are on the other side of the planet.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
The problem is that there isn't any time during the year where a hockey awards ceremony would be a good fit. Can't have a big event when most of the people getting awards are on the other side of the planet.

Yes, half on jest, half serious, make it an Internet thing?

Players are on videolink (heck Skype or Bambusel works) at their current hometown (or away town, perhaps with another Swedish player as host). With this even none Swedish players (on the Swedish team) could hang with them and comment on the game, the players in the show focus etc). We would have in depth discussions between the players, the show hosts and even between players. It would actually be better than usual shows as the active players will get more room to talk and develop their point if views.

Probably not realistic, but I do not see it as impossible at at all.

Teus

Oct 5, 2003
Lund
Visit site
I don't really mind Nordén winning it. Her performance in the Olympics made me watch the event in Stockholm on TV, which she won. And then she went on and won the World Championship title. She might have finished second in the Olympics, but she's a winner.

Like everyone else here though, I was sitting and hoping for the juniors. At least they did better than Henrik Sedin, when he had won the Hart and the Art and finished like 7th in the votings. The horse lady finishing second makes it such a joke award.

Yay at Landeskog winning an award though. Also enjoyed "Padde" Forsberg's speech.

I like that Lidström was brought on to the stage. But who had the great idea of disrupting the applauds to let some crappy band play, who probably had no ideas who the people on stage were. I guess Lidström has to wait until he's 80 or dead to receive that big appreciation from the people.

Yes, half on jest, half serious, make it an Internet thing?

Players are on videolink (heck Skype or Bambusel works) at their current hometown (or away town, perhaps with another Swedish player as host). With this even none Swedish players (on the Swedish team) could hang with them and comment on the game, the players in the show focus etc). We would have in depth discussions between the players, the show hosts and even between players. It would actually be better than usual shows as the active players will get more room to talk and develop their point if views.

Probably not realistic, but I do not see it as impossible at at all.
On the Internet we do have Sanny Lindström's hockey awards, that he does on Twitter. Maybe build something bigger around that.

DSL

Jun 30, 2011
How far off can a hockey-gala be of surfacing? Can't believe we don't have one yet.

^This.

We need a hockey gala in Sweden, this "idrottsgala" is just bs, it doesn't matter if you score 50 goals, put up 150 points in the NHL, win the stanley cup and olympics all in same year, YOU STILL WONT GET ANY RECOGNITION WHAT SO EVER, you're happy to even be nominated for an award. It's ridiculous.

Pellegrino

Oct 30, 2007
Sweden
^This.

We need a hockey gala in Sweden, this "idrottsgala" is just bs, it doesn't matter if you score 50 goals, put up 150 points in the NHL, win the stanley cup and olympics all in same year, YOU STILL WONT GET ANY RECOGNITION WHAT SO EVER, you're happy to even be nominated for an award. It's ridiculous.
Of course it's ridiculous if you're only a hockey fan. The people vore and smaller sports get their moments of glory, I fail to see what's so horrible about that.

Superstars like Zlatan etc wouldn't really care and probably wouldn't turn up anyway. But I think this gala missed Carola and her two friends :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad