Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
It reeks of entitlement and also a kid who likely wasn’t properly prepared for what would happen in arbitration.

He stepped in it and now he’s going to need to clarify his comments in the coming days.
Entitlement? Please.

I am puzzled over how I feel about this

It does seem a little entitled
There was an article before where he said some of the bruins things said were just flat out untrue. I’ll try to find it. I’m wondering when pro sports management all of a sudden became the good guys

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I don’t recall saying they are
Well Swayman is on record as saying they weren’t truthful in the hearing. October 11 article in the athletic. I’m just not sure how you can get he’s “entitled” out of what he says or acts

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Arbitration hearings occur every summer. It’s not often players publicly take a shot at the team however. 8 months later. I’m not suggesting Sweeney will have a difficult time resigning him, but to brush this off as clickbait is being naive. The kid obviously holds some level of resentment towards the Bruins front office. How will that affect the relationship going forward? Stay tuned.

Reactions: wintersej

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Arbitration hearings occur every summer. It’s not often players publicly take a shot at the team however. 8 months later. I’m not suggesting Sweeney will have a difficult time resigning him, but to brush this off as clickbait is being naive. The kid obviously holds some level of resentment towards the Bruins front office. How will that affect the relationship going forward? Stay tuned.
Did Felger write that for you, or are you Felger ?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Did Felger write that for you, or are you Felger ?
Was there something specifically I said that irked you? I’m open to discussing.

“After dealing with what I did this summer with arbitration, hearing things that a player should never hear………”

Have to assume Neely & Sweeney discussing the comment.

Reactions: Fenian24

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Was there something specifically I said that irked you? I’m open to discussing
The kid has shown no signs of being a dick, and it sounded like something Felger would say to stir up some shit. I just think there are other concerns on this team right now that need to be taken care of. I did intend for it to be personal and hope you did not take it that way.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
The kid has shown no signs of being a dick, and it sounded like something Felger would say to stir up some shit. I just think there are other concerns on this team right now that need to be taken care of. I did intend for it to be personal and hope you did not take it that way.
Swayman said it, his words, not mine. I never suggested he’s being a dink. He took a shot at the front office. Clearly 8 months later he has lingering issues with how the process was handled. Not sure wtf Felger has to do with anything. Bizarre comment.

No sweat, I don’t take anything personal here.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Swayman said it, his words, not mine. I never suggested he’s being a dink. He took a shot at the front office. Clearly 8 months later he has lingering issues with how the process was handled. Not sure wtf Felger has to do with anything. Bizarre comment.

Very wise!

Reactions: Oates2Neely

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022

He flat out said they were lying at the case in October and now this. He has resentment and I get it. Nothing a long term deal wouldn’t solve but it would seem this front office has taken up not telling the truth lately

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
The arbitration comment is definitely concerning. In my head Swayman was a lock to be our starter for the next decade but if he's still hung up on what management did in the arbitration process then I'm far less confident in the potential of a long term extension. Huge bummer.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

The kicker is that he took the team to arbitration.

It is clear that he was not prepared on what to expect in the hearing and when the Bruins came in and presented their case he had to hear some tough things that he's still bothered by 8 months later.

No one likes hearing negative things about their performance and no one likes the feeling of being underpaid or asked to take a pay cut. It sucks and I can see why it still grinds his gears. I just don't understand why he felt the need to bring it up.

He's eligible for an extension as of 1/1 so hopefully both sides are talking and a deal will get done.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He seems to still love his teammates and the team. Looks like he's using this season to prove to management they were wrong about him when coming in with their number during arbitration and their reasons why.

I think that's just fine but I don't like him taking a shot at management publicly like that, mainly because we've seen guys get moved out before when doing that and I'd like to see Swayman stay long term.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
He flat out said they were lying at the case in October and now this. He has resentment and I get it. Nothing a long term deal wouldn’t solve but it would seem this front office has taken up not telling the truth lately

How quickly people seem to forget the front office outright lying during the Miller fiasco.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The kicker is that he took the team to arbitration.

It is clear that he was not prepared on what to expect in the hearing and when the Bruins came in and presented their case he had to hear some tough things that he's still bothered by 8 months later.

No one likes hearing negative things about their performance and no one likes the feeling of being underpaid or asked to take a pay cut. It sucks and I can see why it still grinds his gears. I just don't understand why he felt the need to bring it up.

He's eligible for an extension as of 1/1 so hopefully both sides are talking and a deal will get done.

administratively , he had to take them to arbitration.
It was his only right available to offset the Bruins only making him a qualifying offer.
If he was my client, or kid, I would have told himthe same. The Bruins then had time to negotiate beyond that QO.. For whatever reason they couldn’t collectively find a solution.

Then, I believe, the Bruins chose 1 year instead of 2 year’s arbitration.
Bet theyre kicking them selves in the ass now.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Can a player criticize management in arbitration? Would be great to see a player go in a critique Sweeney and the job he has done.

That said if Swayman is unhappy and resigning him for more than a year becomes an issue might be time to include him in a move for a top line center. I have no desire to see him moved but if he plans to leave as soon as he is UFA maximize his value.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I’m trying not to worry about the latest comments. I’m hoping it’s more him sounding off that his confidence was a little low after what was said at arbitration and this has given him a warm boost he deserves.

I certainly hope he’s here for a long time for selfish reasons.

My son plays goalie this year for his first time and it’s because he loves Swayman!
IMG_0537.jpeg
IMG_0539.jpeg
IMG_0540.jpeg

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
That comment does literally no one any help.

Having said that; whatever. People say shit sometimes. The business side of sports always sucks until the contract is complete. Especially when arbitration is involved.

Doesn’t change my view on him. Is it entitled? Sure, but I don’t fault him for it. I’m sure we’ve all felt this way about our own careers at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad