Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
1705178627348.jpeg

Sway with Isaiah Saville, who's also from Anchorage AK

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Didn't Milbury say the Bruins should have undergone a rebuild last season right before they became the most winning-est team in NHL history?
Not sure about Milbury but about 80% here did June-August 2022

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
They asked him about being named all star, and he said it felt nice to be recognized instead of put down in arbitration. That’s it. That’s the nature of arbitration. The player/agent try to overstate their worth, and the team knocks them down a peg. He knew it was coming. This is business.

Only Swayman knows if it means anything for his next contract. It’s impossible for us to say what’s important for him on his next contract just based on that one quote.

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
They asked him about being named all star, and he said it felt nice to be recognized instead of put down in arbitration. That’s it. That’s the nature of arbitration. The player/agent try to overstate their worth, and the team knocks them down a peg. He knew it was coming. This is business.

Only Swayman knows if it means anything for his next contract. It’s impossible for us to say what’s important for him on his next contract just based on that one quote.
Exactly!

Arbitration can Be an ugly process. It is very similar to a trial. Each side presents evidence and sometimes some things are said about the other side that they don’t want to hear.

There is a reason why people try to avoid it at all costs.

I’m amazed that people don’t know the basics of the arbitration. I hope a story is forthcoming that explains the process and why it really is a non issue.

Sway spoke off the cuff and its clear he just wanted to get it off his chest. Any good journalist will ask him to elaborate further so this doesn’t become a sudden distraction because people just enjoy stirring the pot for clicks and views.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Exactly!

Arbitration can Be an ugly process. It is very similar to a trial. Each side presents evidence and sometimes some things are said about the other side that they don’t want to hear.

I’m amazed that people don’t know the basics of the arbitration. I hope a story is forthcoming that explains the process and why it really is a non issue.

Sway spoke off the cuff and its clear he just wanted to get it off his chest. Any good journalist will ask him to elaborate further so this doesn’t become a sudden distraction because people just enjoy stirring the pot for clicks and views.
At the end of the day, he’s only human. Of course it felt nice to get a win and be named to the ASG! It’s got nothing to do with me and I’m still happy for em

Reactions: Alicat

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Exactly!

He stirred the pot himself. The question wasn’t about his arbitration hearing last summer. He was asked the standard “how does it feel to be named an all star for the first time”. At that point he decides to air his grievances? Not a good sign imo. It’s obviously something that’s still on his mind and he felt the need to make it public 8 months later.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
He stirred the pot himself. The question wasn’t about his arbitration hearing last summer. He was asked the standard “how does it feel to be named an all star for the first time”. At that point he decides to air his grievances? Not a good sign imo. It’s obviously something that’s still on his mind and he felt the need to make it public 8 months later.
I’m with you here, actually.

People seem to think he’s getting $7M+ despite never being the guy, or having playoff success or playing more than 40 games…

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Yea I also agree with this take. The attempts to spin control this statement into a nothing burger are silly.

It’s clearly something he’s had in his head since arbitration and this feels like an F -you to management.

They must have said some things that crossed the line. You can try to say “it’s just business” but if they were disrespectful to try to drive his number down I would’ve taken that personally.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
It reeks of entitlement and also a kid who likely wasn’t properly prepared for what would happen in arbitration.

He stepped in it and now he’s going to need to clarify his comments in the coming days.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Exactly. It is like when you go for your yearly job review...No matter how good you are they always find something for you to improve on. I had a few folks work for me and one was so good ...but the company required me to add something they could improve.

I hope all goes well with Sway as I like him on the Bs.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Welcome to the real world. That’s how things are. Whether pro hockey or a regular worker bee. Did nobody tell him it’s all generic? His agent is a dope if he didn’t tell him that. He’ll be fine and the team is making out with his drive. He was getting a raise regardless. A meh moment, but these days it gets blown up by the vultures, for clicks.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Number8

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
As I said in the post game thread, this reminds me of when Belichick talked about “Tom’s age and contract situation” when drafting Garoppolo and that lighting a fire under Brady’s ass. I like Ullmark, but it’s time for this to become Swayman’s team.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Meh….I’m not worried about it. Kid had it in his mind. He’s human.
The biggest thing to me is it hasn’t affected his play, room presence, or anything else negatively.
If anything he used it as motivation. I like that.
Wally slams this on the head so hard we should just close this portion/topic of the JS thread.

For all the reasons laid out above, this is a non issue.

Good for the kid for playing well enough to win the fan vote and have the opportunity to pop off at management for whatever happened in arbitration.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Exactly!

Because the "avoid it at all costs" means "Price yourself way under the market for people who will buy you out the 2nd they math says they should."

You can't possibly say "Swayman should've known that this would be the outcome" without also saying to the B's front office that they should've known they'd be pissing off the best young goalie in the NHL. I mean, the team could've offered him more than $2m in arbitration and could've made their case without tearing him down.

But sure, we should all be rooting for Daddy Jeremy's net worth over guys who give the body to the team.

• Love
Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Exactly. It is like when you go for your yearly job review...No matter how good you are they always find something for you to improve on. I had a few folks work for me and one was so good ...but the company required me to add something they could improve.

I hope all goes well with Sway as I like him on the Bs.
The Bruins offered him less than what Anton Forsberg makes. Do you think he's a lesser player than Anton Forsberg?

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad