Nov 11, 2018
Long term 3 years away

Vaakanainen- McAvoy
Moore- Carlo
Lauzon-Andersson
Grzelcyk

Not a bad group

Not bad? That looks great!

It could be a lot in all honesty. I'm liking how Zboril's been in Providence too. We'll see how it plays out.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Watched him in Junior a lot,so kind of impartial have always loved his game,he had a nasty streak to him back then,we haven’t seen that from him yet,not sure if he has continued that in Providence really haven’t followed him down there.

Reactions: TCB and BadBruins

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
One of the few prospects I've actually had the pleasure of watching live multiple times. Also on TV at the World Juniors and Memorial cup. Always found it odd how much attention went to Phillip Myers on that great Huskies team when I think it was Lauzon as the true rock on the back end. I guess when you see an undrafted 6'5 RHD move and handle the puck like that it's difficult to ignore. Also going to be a good one though IMO.

He's had two really good training camps as well. Jack of all trades. He can do a little bit of everything.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
One of the few prospects I've actually had the pleasure of watching live multiple times. Also on TV at the World Juniors and Memorial cup. Always found it odd how much attention went to Phillip Myers on that great Huskies team when I think it was Lauzon as the true rock on the back end. I guess when you see an undrafted 6'5 RHD move and handle the puck like that it's difficult to ignore. Also going to be a good one though IMO.

He's had two really good training camps as well. Jack of all trades. He can do a little bit of everything.
If you could have one of Lauzon or Myers who you like

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
We will have a Hurricanes deep D-Core within the next 3 seasons, it seems. The new organizational strength. Now let's hope Studnicka works out.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Kid still amazes me.

He's been huge in filling in for this banged up D core.

Curious if he gets the nod over Kampfer once one of McAvoy or Carlo return.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Kid still amazes me.

He's been huge in filling in for this banged up D core.

Curious if he gets the nod over Kampfer once one of McAvoy or Carlo return.

Is he comfortable on his off side? If so, then hell yeah, Kampfer has reached his shelf life it looks like after the past two games.

Reactions: TCB

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
If you could have one of Lauzon or Myers who you like

I still take Lauzon, but I'm just a Bruins homer. Myers is on many top-25 and top-50 prospect lists. I think Lauzon has better head for the game, despite not having the same tools. I think he fly's under the radar due to the fact that he's good at everything, while not being spectacular in any one area. Really would like to see him get some good PP opportunity in Providence this year.

Reactions: Bergyesque

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Either I overrate Grzelcyk or we are in for a SERIOUS treat with him being the 7th best defenseman on the team.

Yeah I saw that too- no way is he a 7th dman. He plays over John Moore at the least. If that is actually the case that he is a 7th man we'll have far and away the best defense in the league.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Yeah I saw that too- no way is he a 7th dman. He plays over John Moore at the least. If that is actually the case that he is a 7th man we'll have far and away the best defense in the league.

The nice thing with Grizz is his versatility. He can play the left or right side equally well and everyone talks about the offense he brings but he's dam good on the defensive end.

The other night when he was paired with Chara the two looked awesome together.

The Bruins have a great problem right now and when everyone gets healthy they'll be some tough decisions for Sweeney and Cassidy.

Reactions: wintersej and DKH

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Lauzon looks legit, really like his play. It's funny how good the 2015 is looking for the Bruins despite missing completely on Zboril and Senyshyn.
Debrusk, Carlo, Lauzon, JFK and Vladar. :nod:

Also congrats to Jeremy on the 1st NHL goal. First of many hopefully.

Reactions: TCB

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lauzon looks legit, really like his play. It's funny how good the 2015 is looking for the Bruins despite missing completely on Zboril and Senyshyn.

Senyshyn on pace 28 goals as a 21 year old

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The nice thing with Grizz is his versatility. He can play the left or right side equally well and everyone talks about the offense he brings but he's dam good on the defensive end.

The other night when he was paired with Chara the two looked awesome together.

The Bruins have a great problem right now and when everyone gets healthy they'll be some tough decisions for Sweeney and Cassidy.

Grizz is a sick beast. As someone pointed out, if he was a 6'1 205 lbs he'd be an all-star and we'd be talking about him as a potential Norris guy.

Reactions: Wooren

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Senyshyn on pace 28 goals as a 21 year old
Senyshyn has scored 5 goals on 17 shots, that's scoring a goal on every 3rd shot. He needs to shoot a lot more to reach those 28 goals he on pace for.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

It was a great draft year and their all still very young, so Zboril and Senyshyn, still could pan out and by all reports their progressing rather nicely this yr. But yes what a draft yr with Lauzon,Carlo and Debrusk so far leading the way from that draft. You take the Bruins drafting from 2014-2016 drafts and thats how Championships are built.

Reactions: Wooren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad