Former Bruins Jeremy Lauzon

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Too bad this kid gets sent back down while Gryz The Human Turnover Machine stays. Typical.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Too bad this kid gets sent back down while Gryz The Human Turnover Machine stays. Typical.

What Gryz are you watching my friend? Surely not the one that plays for the Bruins. The kids almost never turns it over. He saves a hell of a lot more loose pucks and bad passes than he ever gives away. Lauzon looked fine, but he doesn't crack the lineup yet with our left-sided D corps healthy.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
What Gryz are you watching my friend? Surely not the one that plays for the Bruins. The kids almost never turns it over. He saves a hell of a lot more loose pucks and bad passes than he ever gives away. Lauzon looked fine, but he doesn't crack the lineup yet with our left-sided D corps healthy.
He looked pretty bad on Montreals first goal last night. In fact, Rask wrongfully took all the blame on that one while Gryz was a spectator.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He looked pretty bad on Montreals first goal last night. In fact, Rask wrongfully took all the blame on that one while Gryz was a spectator.

The guy had a bad play? It happens to every player in the league. Overall, he is a great possession guy. I don't know the advanced stats, nor do I much care, but the eye test tells me that Gryz gives the puck away very seldom. Chara is much more of a turn over machine than Grizz ever was. No one wants to rip big Z because he is an icon, but if you want to carp on bad puck handling from the defense, that dude is the #1 culprit!

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville

Any other examples? Surely there should be plenty for someone you call “the human turnover machine” despite him having the same amount as Carlo and Chara (5). He also has the same amount of takeaways.

BTW Pasta has 13 giveaways and Marchand has 9 for reference.

Last edited:

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Any other examples? Surely there should be plenty for someone you call “the human turnover machine” despite him having the same amount as Carlo and Chara (5). He also has the same amount of takeaways.

BTW Pasta has 13 giveaways and Marchand has 9 for reference.
The stats clearly don't support his argument. One has to look at his complete body of work rather than cherry picking one incident and drawing conclusions.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Who didn’t look bad in that game,other than maybe the third line.

Pretty much this. Many started raving about Donato was the "best player on the ice" that night. He wasn't great, had a couple of really soft plays, bad decisions with the puck. He did show a little more jump and drive than in previous games, but it's easy to look good when everyone else is piss poor to mediocre :laugh: That said, Lauzon didn't look awful out there in any of his starts. He might just be what we need on the left side when Chara hangs them up in the near future. Not saying he is going to be another Chara at all, but he could be a solid shut down D for us based on limited viewings.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Pretty much this. Many started raving about Donato was the "best player on the ice" that night. He wasn't great, had a couple of really soft plays, bad decisions with the puck. He did show a little more jump and drive than in previous games, but it's easy to look good when everyone else is piss poor to mediocre :laugh: That said, Lauzon didn't look awful out there in any of his starts. He might just be what we need on the left side when Chara hangs them up in the near future. Not saying he is going to be another Chara at all, but he could be a solid shut down D for us based on limited viewings.
I liked Donato’s net front presence,would like to see some other Bruins willing to get there noses dirty,they have to many guys who just seem to be perimeter players.I have always liked Lauzon watched him a lot in Junior,it’s sounds like he has been playing pretty good in Providence this season also.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Well considering it was Acciari who was guarding Gallagher, not sure what Gryz had to do with that goal.

Reactions: compan

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Acciari lost Gallagher not just once, but twice within 3 seconds. Not good exposure for a HNIC broadcast.
Can someone remind me how Acciari is still with the big club? honestly, not trying to bash the guy but I'm honestly not sure what he brings to the table. If we want toughness on the fourth line then go get a guy like Kassian, if we want speed and skill I think we have that in Providence.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Can someone remind me how Acciari is still with the big club? honestly, not trying to bash the guy but I'm honestly not sure what he brings to the table. If we want toughness on the fourth line then go get a guy like Kassian, if we want speed and skill I think we have that in Providence.
Got me ,I liked him for his physical play ,but haven’t really seen it this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->