Player Discussion Jeremy Lauzon: signed $850k/2rs

Carlon Brando

May 22, 2014
Boston
Anyone else catch during the broadcast last night, in the second period Pierre was doing a quick rink-side interview with Cassidy and asked him how he felt about Lauzon. Cassidy’s immediate response was an involuntary, almost orgasmic “Ohh!”, before composing himself and detailing what he liked about his game. Pretty safe to say Cassidy is a big fan.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
With his current extension he signed, will he be expansion draft eligible? You gotta figure McAvoy, Carlo, Krug are protected. Would really suck to lose this kid for nothing, especially on such a team friendly deal. I'm starting to accept the reality Sweeney may have to make a deal with Seattle to get them to take someone like Moore.

Moore will likely be gone before the expansion draft rolls along. I don't expect him back next year. He'll be dealt somewhere in the off-season. They'll need his roster spot on the 23 man roster to protect another player from waiver exposure in October.

If Krug is extended, your 3 protected D is Krug/McAvoy/Carlo.

Chara is Chara

Vaak will be exempt.

Fans need to accept the fact that the Bruins will lose one of Gryz, Lauzon, Clifton, or Zboril to Seattle in the expansion draft. Sweeney isn't cutting any side-deals with Francis, nor should he. He doesn't need to with the depth they have amassed at the D position. You can be darn sure GMs around the league aren't falling for the same tricks they got hoodwinked on during the last expansion. 98% of them will say "here's our list, fill your boots" and accept the outcome.

My guess it'll be Gryz, which is fine, I love Gryz but you still have the other 3 and Vaak should be ready by 2021-22. So theoretically, your 7 D for 2020-21 are:

McAvoy
Krug
Carlo
Lauzon
Clifton
Vaak
Zboril

Every team in the league is going to lose a decent player to Seattle. As far as the expansion draft goes, it's a whole lot of worrying about nothing. Bruins are deep enough at the D position they can easily sustain the loss of any of one Gryz/Lauzon/Clifton/Zboril.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Jeremy Lauzon has staying power for Bruins

“He’s earned it and he deserves to be in,” said coach Bruce Cassidy. “I think he and (Matt Grzelcyk) have made a good pair. It’s not so much about what Johnny (Moore) wasn’t doing, it’s what they do together as a pair with Lauzy in there. They just seem to be able read off each other a little smoother than Johnny did. We’ve stuck with it. We’re going to do what’s best for the team. Unfortunately, it’s bumped Johnny and (Connor Clifton) out, but that’s the way it goes. And until he shows us he can’t do it, then we’ll give him every opportunity.”

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Anyone else catch during the broadcast last night, in the second period Pierre was doing a quick rink-side interview with Cassidy and asked him how he felt about Lauzon. Cassidy’s immediate response was an involuntary, almost orgasmic “Ohh!”, before composing himself and detailing what he liked about his game. Pretty safe to say Cassidy is a big fan.
I heard that too but I am pretty sure the “ohhh” was because play had resumed and he thought Pierre was done asking questions then Pierre threw one more at him.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
i just never want to see the words "Pierre" and "orgasmic" anywhere near each other ever again
Aa5jpLg.jpg

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Looks like the real deal

playing off side and a green banana but when Chara leaves I wonder if Sweeney Cassidy pulls a Columbus and sticks two big bleeping shutdown guys on second pair

could also go Vaakanainen

assuming Torey leaves and Z retired

Grzelcyk-McAvoy
Lauzon-Carlo
Vaakanainen/Zboril-Clifton

ridiculously young but 5 have playoff experience and Cup finals

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Looks like the real deal

playing off side and a green banana but when Chara leaves I wonder if Sweeney Cassidy pulls a Columbus and sticks two big bleeping shutdown guys on second pair

could also go Vaakanainen

assuming Torey leaves and Z retired

Grzelcyk-McAvoy
Lauzon-Carlo
Vaakanainen/Zboril-Clifton

ridiculously young but 5 have playoff experience and Cup finals

That's not a bad defence.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I like Grzelcyk but if he is on your top pair you are in trouble.

If Chara retires and Krug leaves they need to add a top 4 veteran defenseman. With a frozen cap it will be difficult but needs to be done.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
With Lauzon being so very good since his call up, does it make anyone else question why the organization has seemingly dragged their feet with him and several other young guys?

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I like Grzelcyk but if he is on your top pair you are in trouble.

If Chara retires and Krug leaves they need to add a top 4 veteran defenseman. With a frozen cap it will be difficult but needs to be done.

On paper I would agree with you, but in the games when Chara is out and they reunite the BU duo the pairing has performed very well together.

Reactions: Estlin

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
With Lauzon being so very good since his call up, does it make anyone else question why the organization has seemingly dragged their feet with him and several other young guys?

To me it shows the brought them along slowly, and correctly. The NHL isn't a developmental league, especially when you're the best team in the NHL. You want guys to be able to crack the roster and contribute right away.

It gives me confidence that whoever the next guy up is (Zboril, Vaak), they will do the same thing. The message to them should also be: Follow the program and it will work out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad