Boston Globe Jeremy Jacobs's sons explain why family waited to set up relief fund for TD Garden workers

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Lots of bitching by people who likely walk by dozens of homeless people every day without batting an eye.

all of these workers are entitled to unemployment.

people complaining about the Jacobs just to complain. Probably the same people complaining that Zuckerberg “only donated 25 million”

off the high horse, old folks

this is false.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
My opinion of the Jacobs family is very well known to just about everyone here.

However, if I were Jeremy Jacobs, I would fire whoever is in charge of public relations. This whole situation has been an abomination, but there HAS to be a way they could have saved themselves at least a little embarrassment.

They really don’t understand a thing about their employees or customers.

Most businesses at least pretend to care.

Yes, but, a fish rots from the head.

Bad PR is a reflection of bad ownership.

Again, he is what he always was. An awful, using b*stard.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Just as an aside to this and showing again what a lovely group of soulless ghouls JJ and his demon spawn are....how many other state attorney general's feel the need to condemn local ownership and how they are treating their people during this crisis? How awful a "human being" do you need to be to accomplish this?

Top Shelf Wrister

Jan 16, 2017
Im worries guys like Marchand who donated to that gofundme page for workers will leave town come resign time. I worked in a lot of kitchens before i found an owner i could really get behind. I wonder what some of the players think about working for a person(s) like this?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Out of curiosity, why is it false?

I believe there are two reasons

There’s a minimum earnings threshold that goes back a year. I don’t know what the limit it. But let’s say it’s 5 grand, and then consider a lot of people in that building are “weekend only” designations. There are many weekends without any events at all, so even working almost every event it still might be difficult to reach that lower limit

on the other end, i think there’s an upper limit as well. Let’s say for example some of these men and women are working at the Garden as a second job, which almost everybody i know is doing. If their main source of income is on the higher end then they may not qualify for loss of wages at the part time gig.

Reactions: Kate08

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I believe there are two reasons

There’s a minimum earnings threshold that goes back a year. I don’t know what the limit it. But let’s say it’s 5 grand, and then consider a lot of people in that building are “weekend only” designations. There are many weekends without any events at all, so even working almost every event it still might be difficult to reach that lower limit

on the other end, i think there’s an upper limit as well. Let’s say for example some of these men and women are working at the Garden as a second job, which almost everybody i know is doing. If their main source of income is on the higher end then they may not qualify for loss of wages at the part time gig.

This is correct.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->