Management Jeremy Jacobs is very happy with the Bruins right now

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Jacobs made these comments Thursday night.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/40387/bruins-owner-gives-nod-to-claude-julien-don-sweeney

"The Bruins are evolving into being a very competitive team," Jacobs said. "You’re seeing the wisdom in some of the calls that were made early on that were tough, and they were tough for me and tough for everybody in the organization, but we find ourselves where we are and I think Donnie’s done a terrific job."

Jacobs also gave his stamp of approval on the job that coach Claude Julien has done this season.

"Claude’s shown his colors over and over. He’s just been very strong, very strong. He’s taken the team and has changed them. He’s showing his mastery of the game more and more. I like it. I like the team," Jacobs said.

"Did I see us being this competitive right now? I can’t say I really did. I thought it would take perhaps a little more time. They told me early on this is going to be a difficult evolution here. I think we’re stronger than we’re ever going to be, than we’ve ever been as an organization."

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
hzaJ4Hn.png

I actually have to agree with Jacobs. I'm surprised that I'm so happy with the team as it is right now. And Clode's "ascent" (he never descended, IMO) is quite impressive: He went from being the odds-on favorite to be the first coach fired to a reasonable Jack Adams frontrunner.

Sweeney has yet to make a move that I really hate. Same for Clode. We can nitpick all day about who should be on the fourth line, but if Talbot vs Randell is your biggest criticism, you've gotta realize that we've come a long way from October.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Julien is 19 wins from becoming the winningest (yeah, real word) coach in Bruins history.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
To the outsider/casual NHL fan, the Bruins have been a powerhouse and their core is still together so I don't know that Sweeney/Clode will get a ton of credit on a national level. SCF appearance three years ago and a Presidents Trophy two seasons ago. DNQ last year, but 96 points. We at the local level know what a mess they had become.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
To the outsider/casual NHL fan, the Bruins have been a powerhouse and their core is still together so I don't know that Sweeney/Clode will get a ton of credit on a national level. SCF appearance three years ago and a Presidents Trophy two seasons ago. DNQ last year, but 96 points. We at the local level know what a mess they had become.

You are correct - we Bruins fans are all over this but my cousin who is a Flyers fan thinks Boston still is pretty much those Cup teams is reloading not rebuilding

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Clark Booth has seen a lot of Bruins hockey in his lifetime and he is pleased by what he has seen.

http://www.dotnews.com/2015/let-s-consider-wonder-our-teams-and-our-town

Hockey – The Bruins surprise us most. They were trashed all summer after flopping last spring and then they pushed through a painful re-boot performed by neophytes to the task and then got off to an awful start, making the deep pessimism that promptly swelled perfectly reasonable. Two months later they are right back in the fast lane, testy and gritty and giving us the kind of effort we’ve come to expect from the Black and Gold for the last half century. The constancy of the Bruins over these many years has been under-appreciated, it says here.

If it is too early to hand out bouquets to Don Sweeney and Cam Neely, some apology might be appropriate. Their near overnight restructuring – making the Bruins measurably younger and swifter without sacrificing precious “edge,†and done with decided daring – suddenly looks a lot smarter in December than it did in June. Their best move was in retaining Coach Claude Julien. He may have a couple of equals in this dodge, but none is better. His swift and firm settling of this team while restoring order and disdaining doubt was masterfully done.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
hzaJ4Hn.png

I actually have to agree with Jacobs. I'm surprised that I'm so happy with the team as it is right now. And Clode's "ascent" (he never descended, IMO) is quite impressive: He went from being the odds-on favorite to be the first coach fired to a reasonable Jack Adams frontrunner.

Sweeney has yet to make a move that I really hate. Same for Clode. We can nitpick all day about who should be on the fourth line, but if Talbot vs Randell is your biggest criticism, you've gotta realize that we've come a long way from October.

Hehe. Mr Burns owns the Bruins for sure lol

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
still a long season, but as of now, I couldn't be happier.

we got rid of our 3 biggest slugs last season (lucic Hamilton and smith)
brought in players that skate hard, don't quit and don't really turn the puck over in the zone.

still need a couple defensemen, but other than that, I couldn't be happier with the team.
so much better than watching last years team.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I keep asking myself, "Man, what would this team play like if clode was fired?"

I am very glad that didn't happen. Claude's been aggravating at times, watching the way he handles lines and whatnot, but I can't imagine what a new, less experienced or less effective coach would've looked like this year with this current B's lineup. It probably wouldn't have been pretty.

I really hope Boston can get Claude those 19 wins. He's deserved it, despite some of his 'system's' shortcomings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad