Confirmed with Link: Jeremy Jacobs gives owership of Bruins to his children

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Bill Guerin's a good example. He helped Boston to an NQP and a one & done in his 2 seasons. His 2001 salary was pretty steep. Bruins didn't re-sign him. Cheap bastards.

Guerin signed with Dallas in 2003. The bolded below was his salary, the total to the far right is what that would be in today's dollars. Dallas bought him out after 2006.

2001-02$5,100,000$7,213,721
2002-03$8,732,891$12,160,029
2003-04$8,866,445$12,070,894
2004-05Lockout year: Season cancelled - no NHL salary paid.
2005-06$6,738,498$8,935,912
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Good illustration of how acquiring one good player guarantees nothing.

Also a good example of why the lockout was necessary. Guerin was only the 13th highest paid player when he signed that contract with Dallas.
So you agree with no cap in letting Guerin go? A player who was productive but was let go purely to line JJ's pockets. It wasn't just Guerin, there was a holdout or trade almost every off season due to the player "wanting to much money"

Glad you support Jacobs over the team succeeding.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Can’t see anything changing for a couple generations they’re here to stay especially after they’ve developed the land the old building was built on.

Probably unfair to not give them a shot and automatically assume they’re the same as their dad look at what happened to Chicago.

Regardless stakes/expectations are high I think their tenants are the best owners in Boston and the other 2 aren’t shabby FSGs soccer title they’re defending is more impressive by a long long loooong way than their MLB one and Krafts teams have dominated pro sports like no other franchise ever has in a cap era. And they are inheriting possibly the best team in hockey best goalie + top 5 roster.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
So you agree with no cap in letting Guerin go? A player who was productive but was let go purely to line JJ's pockets. It wasn't just Guerin, there was a holdout or trade almost every off season due to the player "wanting to much money"

I got more beef with Allison/Dafoe/Kristich cheapness and holdouts causing us to punt on seasons before they started. Pretty sure McClaren can be lumped into that. Guerin found a sucker to give him a Jagr outlier contract the mistake on our end was Lapointe.

Luckily the Thornton trade allowed us to bottom out which ended up being the best thing ever we were good again within months and won within 5 years.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I got more beef with Allison/Dafoe/Kristich cheapness and holdouts causing us to punt on seasons before they started. Pretty sure McClaren can be lumped into that. Guerin found a sucker to give him a Jagr outlier contract the mistake on our end was Lapointe.

Luckily the Thornton trade allowed us to bottom out which ended up being the best thing ever we were good again within months and won within 5 years.
I forgot about Kristich, arbitration award they just walked away from and got nothing.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

Glad you support Jacobs over the team succeeding

What is the Bruins record since Mr Jacobs purchased the team? Your hatred is laughable , keep making a fool of yourself its entertaining if nothing else.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Of course I agree with letting Guerin go.

You would want to sign him for $9 million over 5 years? In 2003? How about some common sense.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
And Kristich did what after?

And do you get anything out of an arbitration when you don’t like the deal?

Still derailed a season but that’s 3 separate years same story. No he wasn’t a star. Wasn’t he on the ice for the Caps team that elimated us with Defoe’s bff Joe Juneau and fresh out of Europe Brian bellows?

Each of those guys holdouts killed separate seasons before they started they were all productive players in their prime we couldn’t bite the bullet and give a decent deal to. At that point in time we were cheaper than Tampa or Oakland is these days baseball. Pretty goood comparison honestly because Sinden could be counted on for some shrewd moves were he clearly beat the other GM as long as it wasn’t Sather.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Sinden pulled someone’s pants down every year there’s no active GM as good as Sinden under a salary cap forced to spend to the cap would be.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Savvy move by Jacobs. maybe he didnt have faith in Charlie and now the blame can be shared by 6 people if there is a bad year. You could make a game of clue over which Jacob's heir is responsible.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Bruins fans whining about Jacobs remind me of 8 year old kids begging for ice cream and their dad saying no, then them going I HATE YOU DAD because their friend from Detroit's dad bought them the fanciest Haagen-Dazs ice cream there is, but now you're doing alright while your friend in Detroit is fat and has diabetes.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Savvy move by Jacobs. maybe he didnt have faith in Charlie and now the blame can be shared by 6 people if there is a bad year. You could make a game of clue over which Jacob's heir is responsible.

Yup this is definitely a backhander to Charlie.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Yup this is definitely a backhander to Charlie.

Only if ownership % is divided equally among the six children. It is quite possible that Charlie has the largest % of the Bruins. For the team's sake I hope so, having 6 equal owners could end up being a nightmare if they can't agree on what to do.

jangerhofer

Dec 22, 2018
New Hampshire
Only if ownership % is divided equally among the six children. It is quite possible that Charlie has the largest % of the Bruins. For the team's sake I hope so, having 6 equal owners could end up being a nightmare if they can't agree on what to do.
Fair point, but it's difficult to imagine that a plan to pass the torch likely years (if not decades) in the making wouldn't have included some forethought about a hung ownership group.

member 96824

Mmm a lot to unpack here. Does anyone have actual numbers? I ask sincerely, specifically around revenue and profits. Easy to say “just spend more” but I don’t know if we have the full picture.

The only thing I need to address immediately is @Idunkmyoreos what kind of psychopath are you??? Everyone knows you unscrew two double stuffed, put them together to make a quadruple stuffed and drink milk after.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Do we actually know this?

I don't know, that's why I said it is quite possible. I can't believe he (JJ) would set up the ownership transfer in such a way that a family conflict might derail the franchise down the road. It would put everything he's worked for the last 45 years in jeopardy. Ditto Delaware North.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
I don't know, that's why I said it is quite possible. I can't believe he (JJ) would set up the ownership transfer in such a way that a family conflict might derail the franchise down the road. It would put everything he's worked for the last 45 years in jeopardy. Ditto Delaware North.
I tend to agree and I'd be shocked if Charlie wasn't given a high controlling stake.
Charlie was groomed for this. Cam was groomed for his roll too.

Reactions: BMC

Camjams

Jul 6, 2018
This is one of the best days of my life. I was so happy to hear this today I actually cried. Good luck Jacobs children. I know you could not possibly be a worse owner than your predecessor. 44 years. 1 cup. Thank you Tim Thomas wherever you are. And thank you J Jacobs for ripping off loyal customers for 44 years with overpriced flat beer stale hot dogs and flat soda

Reactions: Fenian24

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
This is one of the best days of my life. I was so happy to hear this today I actually cried. Good luck Jacobs children. I know you could not possibly be a worse owner than your predecessor. 44 years. 1 cup. Thank you Tim Thomas wherever you are. And thank you J Jacobs for ripping off loyal customers for 44 years with overpriced flat beer stale hot dogs and flat soda

If this is one of the best days of your life, I feel sorry for you

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

You would want to sign him for $9 million over 5 years? In 2003? How about some common sense.
How about bruin fans stop defending an ******* that is the worst owner in Boston and was one of the worst in the NHL. Lemmings must like losing. 1 cup in his reign in Boston. Let me guess ," that's better than none".

8 years I gave this thief my money for season tickets, now I get two free games a year from work, I wont park at the Garden, wont buy his concessions and wont buy anything from the pro shop.

As much as I dislike Mike Felger for the joke he has become I will always respect him for calling Jacob's a thief in print (JJ really taught him a lesson, getting him taken off the Bruins so he had to cover the Patriots at the start of their super bowl runs.)

Bruins have some truly pathetic fans nowadays, they hate tough hockey and defend Monty Burns. Sad what some have become

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

No cap, of course I sign him if I'm trying to win. Maybe only make 30 million that year in profit instead of 40.

With no cap were they a better team with or without Guerin? The correct answer is with.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Bruins fans whining about Jacobs remind me of 8 year old kids begging for ice cream and their dad saying no, then them going I HATE YOU DAD because their friend from Detroit's dad bought them the fanciest Haagen-Dazs ice cream there is, but now you're doing alright while your friend in Detroit is fat and has diabetes.
Friend in Detroit won 4 Stanley cups to go with his ice cream. But hey, like losing and making JJ richer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->