Management Jeremy Jacobs expects Bruins to run 'deep in the playoffs'

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I expect Kate Upton to come to her senses, dump Justin Verlander, and become my personal maid, waiting on me hand and foot for the rest of her days. Doesn't mean it's ever going to happen, but as long as we're all sharing unreasonable expectations, Charlie...:naughty:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...improve-ice/jOVw2Ej23hC134znlYNL1L/story.html

- a couple of interesting items I took from Fluto's article
1. Fluto thinks Sweeney has done enough to get this team back to the playoffs.

2. Sweeney has replaced nine scouts already. I didn't realize that he had made so many changes. (How is Mike Chiarelli doing with his no-show job in Edmonton by the way)?

I hadn't read a fluff piece like that since the good old days of Fluto being used as Chiarelli's mouthpiece.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Any rumblings from Jacobs amid the current struggles?

Has he been attending the home games? Staying in Buffalo?

I feel like he built up some good will by staying out of Chiarelli's way and handing him a blank check.
There have been rumblings in other threads about the influence of Mrs. Jacobs.
Can anyone share any insight here?

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
I expect Kate Upton to come to her senses, dump Justin Verlander, and become my personal maid, waiting on me hand and foot for the rest of her days. Doesn't mean it's ever going to happen, but as long as we're all sharing unreasonable expectations, Charlie...:naughty:

:laugh::laugh:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I feel like management has been awfully quiet lately. I can think of several reasons. Charlie's not a talker - if you didn't know that, or you forgot it, you probably got a good dose of it during the NHL draft last summer with his awkward announcements of draft pics. Maybe JJ is indeed in Buffalo - his heart's really seemed to be always there. They're also probably focusing on making pedestrian traffic by Causeway hell...erm, I mean developing the area around the Garden.

But, really...what are they going to say? It's not time for an apology yet - we're not good enough, but we're not bad enough to KNOW we won't make the playoffs. I know that they know that they're not good enough yet, and that's enough for me. It's not time for the "I'm disappointed, heads will roll" speech.

And they sure as hell aren't going to reveal anything concrete about a great plan for the trade deadline - Negotiations 101 is "shut your mouth and let them do the talking first". Negotiations 102 is "reveal as little as possible at all times".

In fact, if the management WERE to speak, I'd be nervous. It could mean one of two things. The first would be that Clode's fired, which would be a disaster. The second would be a changing/reimagining of Neely's role within the organization. Personally, I'd like to reimagine him to doing 30 seconds of ice time in an alumni game and nothing more, but....we'll see.

For posterity's note, I'm down on the team now because we lost two important points to Ottawa. Those may come back to bite us in April.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Bumping this.

It feels like we haven't heard much from JJ this season.

Understandable.

He's seemingly taking a hands off approach and Charlie is "the guy".
Charlie's weaknesses have been discussed before. Is he more hands on? Hands off? Do we know?

Next down the line is Neely. Haven't seen much of him this season. We know about the "melt down" on F&M at the end of last season. Fenway has discussed the frosty relations between the club and its flagship radio station. I haven't seen many shots of Cam in the press box this season as in seasons past.

Next is Sweeney. We don't hear much from him either. I know that "State of the Bruins" is coming up next weekend.

Clode does his interview with Jack and Brick after the games. The assistant coaches do theirs as well.

Feels like there's areal vacuum at the top of this organization.
Are those in the media doing the legwork to figure out why?
Are they being shut out?
Is it a lack of interest?
Lack of accountability feels like an understatement.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Just read this :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Bumping this.

Understandable.

Charlie's weaknesses have been discussed before. Is he more hands on? Hands off? Do we know?

Next down the line is Neely. Haven't seen much of him this season. We know about the "melt down" on F&M at the end of last season. Fenway has discussed the frosty relations between the club and its flagship radio station. I haven't seen many shots of Cam in the press box this season as in seasons past.

Next is Sweeney. We don't hear much from him either. I know that "State of the Bruins" is coming up next weekend.

Clode does his interview with Jack and Brick after the games. The assistant coaches do theirs as well.

Are they being shut out?

The silence on the part of upper management (Charlie, Neely & Sweeney) isn't a good thing from the standpoint that it is leading to negative speculation. The 3 may have a very clear idea of what their goals are & how to achieve them but by failing to consistently communicate that they are giving the impression that they are drifting without any definite plan. Stating it at a one time press conference isn't enough. They need to be reinforcing the message constantly. It is tough neither Charlie nor Sweeney appear to be comfortable speaking in public (Charlie especially) and Neely's temper has always been unpredictable. However they need to suck it up because the fan base is definitely restless.

And the media really needs to hold their feet to the fire too. As they used to say on the X-Files "the truth is out there..."

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The silence on the part of upper management (Charlie, Neely & Sweeney) isn't a good thing from the standpoint that it is leading to negative speculation. The 3 may have a very clear idea of what their goals are & how to achieve them but by failing to consistently communicate that they are giving the impression that they are drifting without any definite plan. Stating it at a one time press conference isn't enough. They need to be reinforcing the message constantly. It is tough neither Charlie or Sweeney appear to be comfortable speaking in public (Charlie especially) and Neely's temper has always been unpredictable. However they need to suck it up because the fan base is definitely restless.

And the media really needs to hold their feet to the fire too. As they used to say on the X-Files "the truth is out there..."

I`m torn on them speaking, outside of Sweeney, most times when Cam/Charlie or Jeremy open their mouths, I wish they hadn`t;)

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Bumping this.

Understandable.

Are they being shut out?

We don't hear from anyone in this organization.

I'm not sure what they've done to get such a pass.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I`m torn on them speaking, outside of Sweeney, most times when Cam/Charlie or Jeremy open their mouths, I wish they hadn`t;)

LOL yeah they're not the most polished public speakers are they? Even so it is part of the job. I sympathize with them because I have the same issue, I don't like being the public face of my business either I just don't have the personality for it. But I'm doing it because it comes with the territory.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
There was an interesting point being made on Felger and Mazz last night. Felger kept asking why nobody from the Bruin's front office was being accountable and at least communicating their expectations and plans through the media so the fans knew and understood the direction of where this team is headed. He said how since Cam stopped doing their show, nobody has said a peep. Not Cam. Not Sweeney. Not Papa Jacobs, or junior. Nothing but crickets. And he's right. It's ridiculous that at the very least Sweeney isn't doing a semi regular press conference or addressing the state of the team.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
There was an interesting point being made on Felger and Mazz last night. Felger kept asking why nobody from the Bruin's front office was being accountable and at least communicating their expectations and plans through the media so the fans knew and understood the direction of where this team is headed. He said how since Cam stopped doing their show, nobody has said a peep. Not Cam. Not Sweeney. Not Papa Jacobs, or junior. Nothing but crickets. And he's right. It's ridiculous that at the very least Sweeney isn't doing a semi regular press conference or addressing the state of the team.

See my post #111. Great minds Lonnie, great minds :nod::laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

state of the team in one word.......mediocre, downgraded from my recent assessment of average:laugh:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
See my post #111. Great minds Lonnie, great minds :nod::laugh:

Spot on Bets! :handclap:

It's flat out shameful that they think it's okay. Pathetic. They throw a sub par product out on the ice, charge premium prices, and don't want to be accountable? It's ********.

Fair Warning

Nov 15, 2006
Grafton, MA
Should've just blown it up in 2014-15, bottomed out for a couple of years, and rebuilt. Instead of this half-assed "retool" that they're doing now that isn't working. Reminds me of the Leafs during the Burke years.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
wanna hear something from ownership or the Pres? STOP plunking down your hard earned cash for mediocre product on the ice. Worked years ago, forced Jacobs to address a clear issue as there was literally thousands of empty seats dressed up like fans, only time an owner will seriously look at making change is when you hit em where it hurts and that`s the pocket IMO

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
wanna hear something from ownership or the Pres? STOP plunking down your hard earned cash for mediocre product on the ice. Worked years ago, forced Jacobs to address a clear issue as there was literally thousands of empty seats dressed up like fans, only time an owner will seriously look at making change is when you hit em where it hurts and that`s the pocket IMO

I'm doing my part, but not many are it seems. Outside of a few exceptions, secondary market tix this season are ridiculous and inventory overall has been very low......surprising given the quality of the product on the ice (particularly at home)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad