Management Jeremy Jacobs expects Bruins to run 'deep in the playoffs'

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...bs_expects_bruins_to_run_deep_in_the_playoffs

“I share the expectations of everybody up here that we'll be in the playoffs and I expect we'll continue deep in the playoffs,†said Jacobs, who addressed reporters along with team president Cam Neely, GM Don Sweeney, CEO Charlie Jacbos and coach Claude Julien. “We have a very good mix of young and old, experienced players, so I'm looking forward to a good playoff season.â€

Jacobs liked what he saw from his team in the final preseason tuneup on Saturday, a 1-0 overtime win at the Garden.

“I thought the game on Saturday was a real good indication. I thought that was a hell of a game. I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a very entertaining. And I think we can look at a year of that,†said Jacobs. “There's a lot of youth there. I was seriously impressed. I was also impressed with Tuukka (Rask's) game. And I think getting (Anton) Khudobin as a backup was also a very good move on our part.â€

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Sounds like the kind of statement someone who say if they were trying to light a fire under his management team....ehemmmm Cam, Don and Claude.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I thought he would he have said we suck like 90% here

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Charlie chimes in

“I’m really excited about this upcoming year,†Charlie Jacobs told NESN’s Sarah Davis, as aired on “NESN Live,†presented by Cross Insurance. “… We have some good returning players, and Tuukka (Rask) looks like he’s on top of his game. So listen, I would say I’m always excited before the puck drops on the season. I always have high expectations. I think they’re also very realistic expectation given what we’ve seen on the ice so far.â€

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2016/10/jeremy-charlie-jacobs-preview-upcoming-season-at-bruins-media-day/

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
And that's when you wind up making stupid trades.

Well, we did the same thing last year. Still can't believe we didn't trade Eriksson. :shakehead

So I'm already mentally prepared for Sweeney to piss away assets over the course of the season.

EDIT: I do not think Jacobs meddles in the day to day hockey business anymore. I very much believe he is hands off. Jeremy that is. That being said statements like this absolutely put pressure on guys like Sweeney.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Well, we did the same thing last year. Still can't believe we didn't trade Eriksson. :shakehead

So I'm already mentally prepared for Sweeney to piss away assets over the course of the season.

This. Could've gotten a great return(another 1st round pick and a player) and saved all the picks they moved for Liles and Stempniak.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
It's Groundhog Day, same routine every year.
See you next year, same time, same message.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
B's might barely be a playoff team but if Jacobs thinks that the current make up of this team will result in a deep run then this ownership and management is very scary.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He's an idiot. It's like he's not paying attention. Should be a load of forsberg for erat type deals with this kind of meddling.

This is an important year for the Bruins, highly important.
I agree with EverettMike on that.

Jacobs comments can really end up hurting this team for years.

This is the single funniest post I have ever read. :biglaugh:

I know you see this as a 100 point team and a team that has no flaws but I dont.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->