Jeremie Blain signed to a NHL contract

thedavid

Jan 26, 2012
Vancouver
Forwards are more likely to be like this (since Blomstrand and Grenier are wingers):

Blomstrad - Mallet - Jensen
XXX - Friesen - Grenier

Maybe they get a real 1C through free agency and shift Mallet and Friesen down a line. Then you have Lain on the 3rd or 4th line.

On D, expect Polasek to play in the Top 4. Tommernes will likely start out on the 3rd pairing and have to earn his way up.

In net, I expect Cannata to back up Eriksson or Lack.

I know he hasn't been qualified or anything yet, but I imagine Archibald will slot in here to start the season.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
???? - ???? - Jensen
Blomstrand - ???? - ????
Archibald - Mallet - Grenier
???? - Lain - ????
Friesen

Andersson - ????
Tommernes - Polasek
???? - Mullen
Blain

Lack/Cannata (even split)

Eriksson takes the backup position (keep in mind Lack is coming off major surgery)

We need to fill the top 6 with talent and the bottom 6 with some bigger bodies. We also need a #1 D-men.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I know he hasn't been qualified or anything yet, but I imagine Archibald will slot in here to start the season.

For sure. Knew I was forgetting someone important.

???? - ???? - Jensen
Blomstrand - ???? - ????
Archibald - Mallet - Grenier
???? - Lain - ????
Friesen

Andersson - ????
Tommernes - Polasek
???? - Mullen
Blain

Lack/Cannata (even split)

Eriksson takes the backup position (keep in mind Lack is coming off major surgery)

We need to fill the top 6 with talent and the bottom 6 with some bigger bodies. We also need a #1 D-men.

I'll be legitimately disappointed if Mallet and Archibald are not in the Top 6. That's where they belong, no doubt about it in my mind.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008

I'll be legitimately disappointed if Mallet and Archibald are not in the Top 6. That's where they belong, no doubt about it in my mind.

I don't disagree. You can flip flop the lines, and it wouldn't matter to me ;).

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010

Mallet? top 9 IMO. Unless he really improves this summer. Grenier is top 6.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Mallet? top 9 IMO. Unless he really improves this summer. Grenier is top 6.

I see no reason why Grenier would be ahead of Mallet. Either way, they're both Top 6 for me. This is the benefit of owning an AHL team. You can put guys in a position to improve and grow.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I think the Canucks signing a centreman or two via free agency for the big club will push someone down to the farm and Mallet or Friesen out of the top 6.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
I see no reason why Grenier would be ahead of Mallet. Either way, they're both Top 6 for me. This is the benefit of owning an AHL team. You can put guys in a position to improve and grow.

i just think Grenier is top 6 due to the style of game he plays. Mallet is more of a grinder.

ZKass The Bass

Feb 10, 2013
London
I'm going to bring this up because I don't believe he was signed. The Canucks have yet to issue a statement, and the only report suggesting the transfer is Sporstnet Pacific's vague tweet 3 days ago.

Reports suggest the #Canucks have signed d-man Jeremie Blain to a #NHL contract.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Not at all. Mallet is a skilled player who has bite to his game. I guess if you consider Burrows a grinder then Mallet is a grinder...

is mallet the better player? i didn't watch the wings, but grenier did more in less.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
^ Grenier probably has more skill, but as to who's the better player overall I really can't say.

Not at all. Mallet is a skilled player who has bite to his game. I guess if you consider Burrows a grinder then Mallet is a grinder...

I think his vision as a playmaking center gets underrated (or overlooked, rather) around here because of what people heard about his physical play from the draft.

That said if we could get someone like a Martin St. Pierre or T.J Hensick to fill the No. 1 C role, you'd solidify the offense and have another center to set up guys like Archibald and Jensen.

bryndogcanucks

Jun 20, 2007
I'm going to bring this up because I don't believe he was signed. The Canucks have yet to issue a statement, and the only report suggesting the transfer is Sporstnet Pacific's vague tweet 3 days ago.

I don't think he was signed to an NHL contract either. He's not listed on the Canucks website anywhere, or on the NHL website.

He probably was signed to an AHL contract only.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad