Jeremiah Addison

Offensive zone ability: B-
Offensive transition ability: B-
Puck movement and possession retention: B-
Defensive transition ability: B
Defensive zone ability: B-

Defense: mixed
Offense: mixed

Keywords, unique identity traits: a mid sized puck hound wing, competes really well, has mobility, active stick, excellent on the forecheck, willing to play in traffic, and some skill
Room for improvement: doesn't have high-end skill, not sure whether he has top 6 qualities

Full analysis:
Jeremiah Addison is an intense mid-sized winger with good mobility a very nice motor, and is a puck-hound. Does have some skill, but what impresses me about Addison are some of the pro-qualities in his game that should make him projectable to a 3rd line puck-hound role with PK time. For one, Addison is excellent on the forecheck and in jumping on loose pucks. Really good at reading the play and arriving hard on the puck, wins the majority of loose pucks. Very competitive, doesn't mind sacrificing his body. Knows where to go. Has an active stick but is really physically engaging in obtaining body position against the opposition.

And this is effectively what makes Addison's game the threat that it is. He has the balance and the speed to be physically effective in that role. And the way it shows itself in the offensive zone is through the interplay between his ability to read the play at a high level and consistently jump on loose pucks, to his ability to make plays off the wall and start a cycle, to his willingness to get involved in traffic and dirty areas with intensity. The interplay between these three factors is what makes Addison a factor in the offensive zone and in fact a pretty projectable player to pro-game.

Through transition he has nice speed and supports his team well. Good angles and routes in supporting his team as a winger in his own zone and then picking up speed out of his zone. Doesn't have high-end skill or vision, but plays a simple effective straight line game that fits his tools like a glove.

In defensive transition, I like his ability to disrupt breakouts and pin the opposition in their own end quite a bit. Has really good reads, a natural understanding of how to obtain body position to win battles. Utilizes his stick well and has speed and agility. Frankly, forces the opposition to complete perfect break-outs as he will take advantage of poor puck-decisions and loose pucks right away.

In his own zone, again no complaints from me. He isn't that big so maybe physically removing people who have clear posession of the puck would be a bit harder (as opposed to winning 50-50 races to the puck and battles). But I like his stick, compete level and if there's a loose puck to be had I have no doubt that he'll be on it. Competes really well all over the ice.

Overall, I like Addison as a puck-hound winger that competes really well and is a factor on the forecheck. I'm not sure whether he has the skill needed to be a top 6 player, but his projection fits a bottom 6 role like a glove. Could play PK minutes.

Development focus: I'd say for Addison the fitter he can get, the more it would benefit the type of game he plays. I think there's some room for improvement in terms of sustaining zone time as well and making maybe allowing himself to make a bit more skill plays with the puck on his stick.

Projection: I'd project Addison as a mid-sized puck-hound wing that has a chance to be a factor on the forecheck and projects to a 3rd line role with some PK minutes

From nki on the prospects board.

26. Jeremiah Addison - Forward - Ottawa 67's
Addison was pretty good all year for the 67's, but he was absolutely sensational in the opening round of the OHL playoffs. He's only average sized (6'0), but he plays a power game. He drives hard to the net, with and without the puck and really opens up the ice for his line mates. Addison is also a very effective forechecker, often entering the zone like a freight train. Overall, he's proved himself to be a very capable complimentary offensive player. The next step is obviously for him to improve his puck skills to create more of his own chances, but all things considered, he's a nice power forward prospect for the middle rounds of the draft.

From the poster Brock on here.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Scouting report

FutureConsideration
Addison is a hard-working character guy who creates pressure on the forecheck and finishes his checks. He possesses explosive speed, is balanced on his feet and plays the power game despite his modest size. Sees the ice well and distributes the puck to open teammates off the rush before going to the net. Possesses a one-timer that is so lethal it surprises goalies with how quickly it is on them every time he releases it. Has had some accuracy problems with his shooting this season. Makes good decisions with the puck at top speed and can be dangerous offensively. Addison has shown versatility this season in all three zones. The determination and work ethic in this kid is very noticeable and something that could really make him a strong prospect down the line. He is a good net front presence and uses his wiry frame to disrupt around the net. Plays his man hard as he lays the body and engages on the wall. Isn’t afraid of the gritty areas or to wreak havoc in front of the net by tipping pucks, banging at loose pucks, pushing and shoving with defenders and trying to bury some garbage goals. Has a bad tendency to look down at the puck when carrying it up ice and into the zone. He is a player who can provide depth at the next level and can develop into a strong power forward if he works hard towards that goal.

Hockeyprospect
Addison won several puck battles in the offensive zone, and distributed the puck well. He played at a high pace, and showed good vision finding open targets with regularity. Addison showed high hockey IQ when feeding a teammate, and quickly slipping through a gap to try and capitalize on a give-and-go. He showed good speed throughout, and was responsible in his own zone.

ISS
Addison is a well-rounded winger who brings intelligence up front whether it’s creating offensive lanes for his linemates or anticipating turnovers and getting a jump on the opposition. Has average size but plays bigger than his size when battling. He's a good skater with average speed and quickness, has good skills and a good shot. Under-rated play off the puck, always seems to be in open ice and is an option for his linemates. He supports defenseman pinching in, always on the good side of the puck and thinks defense first. Wins battles and comes up with the puck often in tough situations along the wall. Understands and commits to defensive zone coverage.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Jeremiah Addison

Offensive zone ability: B-
Offensive transition ability: B-
Puck movement and possession retention: B-
Defensive transition ability: B
Defensive zone ability: B-

Defense: mixed
Offense: mixed

Keywords, unique identity traits: a mid sized puck hound wing, competes really well, has mobility, active stick, excellent on the forecheck, willing to play in traffic, and some skill
Room for improvement: doesn't have high-end skill, not sure whether he has top 6 qualities

Full analysis:
Jeremiah Addison is an intense mid-sized winger with good mobility a very nice motor, and is a puck-hound. Does have some skill, but what impresses me about Addison are some of the pro-qualities in his game that should make him projectable to a 3rd line puck-hound role with PK time. For one, Addison is excellent on the forecheck and in jumping on loose pucks. Really good at reading the play and arriving hard on the puck, wins the majority of loose pucks. Very competitive, doesn't mind sacrificing his body. Knows where to go. Has an active stick but is really physically engaging in obtaining body position against the opposition.

And this is effectively what makes Addison's game the threat that it is. He has the balance and the speed to be physically effective in that role. And the way it shows itself in the offensive zone is through the interplay between his ability to read the play at a high level and consistently jump on loose pucks, to his ability to make plays off the wall and start a cycle, to his willingness to get involved in traffic and dirty areas with intensity. The interplay between these three factors is what makes Addison a factor in the offensive zone and in fact a pretty projectable player to pro-game.

Through transition he has nice speed and supports his team well. Good angles and routes in supporting his team as a winger in his own zone and then picking up speed out of his zone. Doesn't have high-end skill or vision, but plays a simple effective straight line game that fits his tools like a glove.

In defensive transition, I like his ability to disrupt breakouts and pin the opposition in their own end quite a bit. Has really good reads, a natural understanding of how to obtain body position to win battles. Utilizes his stick well and has speed and agility. Frankly, forces the opposition to complete perfect break-outs as he will take advantage of poor puck-decisions and loose pucks right away.

In his own zone, again no complaints from me. He isn't that big so maybe physically removing people who have clear posession of the puck would be a bit harder (as opposed to winning 50-50 races to the puck and battles). But I like his stick, compete level and if there's a loose puck to be had I have no doubt that he'll be on it. Competes really well all over the ice.

Overall, I like Addison as a puck-hound winger that competes really well and is a factor on the forecheck. I'm not sure whether he has the skill needed to be a top 6 player, but his projection fits a bottom 6 role like a glove. Could play PK minutes.

Development focus: I'd say for Addison the fitter he can get, the more it would benefit the type of game he plays. I think there's some room for improvement in terms of sustaining zone time as well and making maybe allowing himself to make a bit more skill plays with the puck on his stick.

Projection: I'd project Addison as a mid-sized puck-hound wing that has a chance to be a factor on the forecheck and projects to a 3rd line role with some PK minutes

26. Jeremiah Addison - Forward - Ottawa 67's
Addison was pretty good all year for the 67's, but he was absolutely sensational in the opening round of the OHL playoffs. He's only average sized (6'0), but he plays a power game. He drives hard to the net, with and without the puck and really opens up the ice for his line mates. Addison is also a very effective forechecker, often entering the zone like a freight train. Overall, he's proved himself to be a very capable complimentary offensive player. The next step is obviously for him to improve his puck skills to create more of his own chances, but all things considered, he's a nice power forward prospect for the middle rounds of the draft.

Whoever wrote this needs to find another descriptor besides "puckhound"...YIKES!

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
ok with this pick. A lot of points and will a better role next year. I would like to take a risk on a project with a ton of skills but this guy can become someone. Will see...

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
Congrats to Jeremiah Addison.
This young man had a goal to make the NHL as a kid/adolescent. He has worked hard to take the next step towards that. Habs management will love this young man's compete level and work ethic. What he may lack in elite skill he makes up for in tenacity and desire.
All the best young man!

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Jordan Subban and him are really close. I don't know much about the kid but what I have read seems like a decent value for a 7th rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->