Friedman: Jensen, Howard to sign extensions?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
17. Detroit’s got a few interesting choices. They already have 10 picks in June’s draft and a group of talented youngsters pushing for NHL jobs. They want a few veterans around. They are trying to extend Nick Jensen, who quietly has had a strong season. The trade-a-guy-and-re-sign-him plan rarely works, but I can see the possibility with Jimmy Howard — although they could just as easily keep him. There’s a path to a new contract there.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
How does Ken Holland still have job?

Turns out being the GM of an NHL team that makes the playoffs through the first 20 years of your tenure buys you some time. And it doesn't take much to realize that this is typical Ken Holland PR spin. When we were buyers, it was a public statement that "we like our team." Now that we've become sellers, its "we want to keep our guys."

Lame attempt at driving up the prices?

Bingo. The past few years, Detroit has been very publicly interested in re-signing their notable deadline trade bait.

This is getting ****en ridiculous , if you want these losers back trade them for assets and sign them July 1st

For the love of god bring in Steve yzerman before ken Holland uses the cap money we have July 1st

Chill, bro. This is typical Holland PR.

Also, bad players to call losers. Not that I want to re-sign them instead of trading them, but all of Howard, Jensen, and Nyquist have been great for Detroit this year.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Can't wait when Steve Yzerman comes and uses all the cap money for veterans.

Just like he did at Tampa.

Bro, that's exactly what Holland did up until he self-corrected the past couple years once we became bottom feeders. And the veterans he used all the cap money on were trash that didn't move the needle.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Can't wait when Steve Yzerman comes and uses all the cap money for veterans.

Just like he did at Tampa.

Would like to point out, that Tampa is winning, so bringing in all those vets isn't exactly looking that bad, when done right!

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Every one know that Howard will be resigned, As far as Jensen is concerned. He'd be foolish to resign with Detroit. Before testing the UFA market. Probably can get more elsewhere.

I doubt anybody gives Jensen more than a year or two to prove that he's consistent.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I doubt anybody gives Jensen more than a year or two to prove that he's consistent.

With the year he's having, and the possible labor unrest on the horizon, I think he should still test the market. The guy's 28. Unless the Wings are giving him something that's too good to turn down, he owes it to himself to chase the money to some degree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad