Jeichel VS Barkov moving FORWARD

who

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
HF consensus has had Barkov ahead of Eichel for close to a year now.

This won't be close.

Reactions: Voight

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Eichel, not close(in terms of who I want, not as players today).

I know, I know, not popular but Eichel's pedigree is enough to seal the deal for me.

Just give Eichel a good coach, he's had nothing but garbage in Buffalo.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Barkov has more of an edge comparatively on defense than the moderate gains eichel might have on offence. Close but I take barkov in a very close finish

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Eichel, not close(in terms of who I want, not as players today).

I know, I know, not popular but Eichel's pedigree is enough to seal the deal for me.

Just give Eichel a good coach, he's had nothing but garbage in Buffalo.

as if Barkov has had the priority to play in a great hockey franchise with good coaches.

He himself has made the Panthers what they are, a contender.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Both similar players in the sense that Barkov and Eichel haven't really played on elite teams and are the main offense/only offense on their teams. I think Eichel will have a better offensive career but Barkov will always hold the edge defensively. Eichel has never shown anything to suggest he'll be good in that regard.

I'd take Barkov going forward if he keeps at the ppg pace.

Would you rather have a 75-80 point selke candidate 1C or a 80-90 point 1C?

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
as if Barkov has had the priority to play in a great hockey franchise with good coaches.

Yup, Trocheck, Dadanov, Huberdeau, Ekblad, Yandle are all trash lmao

Let's be honest, Barkov's better but he also has much better talent on his team right now.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Barkov is the HF darling but he is damn good. I'd pick Eichel because I feel he has 90-100 point potential.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Yup, Trocheck, Dadanov, Huberdeau, Ekblad, Yandle are all trash lmao

Let's be honest, Barkov's better but he also has much better talent on his team right now.

much is a pretty strong word. Sabres has very good young players and they added Skinner too. It's not like Eichel is playing alone.

Barkov is just a lot different player in many ways, just his presence is so much more noticeable than Eichel's. And I'm not talking about size

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
much is a pretty strong word. Sabres has very good young players and they added Skinner too. It's not like Eichel is playing alone.

Barkov is just a lot different player in many ways, just his presence is so much more noticeable than Eichel's. And I'm not talking about size
They added skinner and lost ROR. They also have been unable to score recently. Eichel has the edge offensively to me especially considering their help

With that said I still take Bark due to his defensive game.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
They added skinner and lost ROR. They also have been unable to score recently. Eichel has the edge offensively to me especially considering their help

With that said I still take Bark due to his defensive game.

also added a "generational" D prospect, also has #2 overall C in line up.

not to forget Mittelstadt

BAM

Nov 21, 2016

Jeff Skinner, rookie Dahlin, Reinhart, Risto is not better in any way than Trocheck, Huberdeau, Dadanov, Yandle, Ekblad. Those first 3 had more points than the Sabres highest scorer last year. I also like the Panthers goaltending situation a lot more than the Sabres.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Barkov but it’s close. He’s the third most valuable asset in hockey behind McDavid and Matthews in my opinion.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

He himself, as well as 75 point center Vincent Trochek, 69 point winger Jonathan Huberdeau, 65 point winger Evgenii Dadonov, 56 point defenseman Keith Yandle, former 1st overall pick and rookie of the year defenseman Aaron Ekblad, and a goalie tandem of Roberto Luongo and James Reimer.

But yeah, other than all those nobodies, Barkov did it himself.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Eichel I believe is the more talented player. I'd take Barkov however considering he might have the best contract in the league.

This opinion is far, I think barkovs two way play is so much better, he has more talent around him (not by extreme lengths but still) but eichel and it’s becoming like a violin now but is showing mcdavid level of frustration. Not in comments or anything he’s actually not a crybaby at all especially since being captain he hasn’t said one negative thing or word other then about himself, It’s all about accountability now and he was like that at the end of last year too.

It’s tough to keep watching eichel skate by an entire team then out the puck between his legs and set up a highlight reel goal for
It to be called off it, dangle past the avalanche for forty five second make six moves only a handful of players in this league could make then give it to one of his teammates for an open net tap in and have them fan on it or hit the post. This literally happens multiple times a game for the last two years. And the last two games one or two or more.

I thought I’d become used to it but if anything it’s more aggravating now.

The interesting thing about what eichel makes is you have to remember that this guy now captain makes this for another 8 years. That’s a long time. He won’t even be 30 by the time it ends so you get an absolute elite talent at a decent value. Right now it looks like maybe a million or so too much but when you consider the cap going up, when you consider the percentage of the cap he market value star players will be getting in two years let alone four, let alone six, by the time this contract is half over there will be players in this league not on his level making more. Especially because eichel Will be in his prime then. The deal just started and he’s gone point a game and his team is .500. 125 pts in his last 132 games despite all the disadvantages and you still people running down the number.

I’m glad barkov is being recognized now not only online but in the media now but both guys should be apart of the conversation more, even scheifele and he’s the top center on a good Canadian team. Which is bizzare.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->