Value of: Jeff Skinner

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Agreed, but it could be moved for another team’s toxic waste. Would the Sabre do Skinner for EK, if that was there?

If you mean Erik Karlsson, no, that contract is even worse

If you mean Evander Kane, the answer is also no but because he's involved in some more drama that the Sabres can't handle on top of the problems they already have

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I'm just stating that may be the only hope Buffalo has in moving Skinner?

We've seen players waive their no move clauses before on stranger deals than this.

Im not saying it isn’t possible but it’s EXTREMELY unlikely based on the circumstances. You have two giant contracts and both players have to waive NMC. If you want to throw it out as a pipe dream then sure that’s fine but just don’t expect it to actually happen.

horner

May 22, 2007
Is this player salvageable? Only a couple of seasons removed from a 40 goal campaign. Can’t be that washed up, right?

EDIT: Is he being utilized differently from when he actually produced? I know he no longer plays with Eichel and he’s been falling since he left that line, but has he fallen too far?
Expansion draft

First Rd pick ( top 10 protected ) + top prospect

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Expansion draft

First Rd pick ( top 10 protected ) + top prospect
I've been wondering this but I don't think a first and a prospect (as good as both may be) are going to do it. Skinner still has something like $54million owed over 6 years - It may take up to 3 first round picks (Without conditions or limits) to get it done. I don't think Seattle wants to sink that much salary and term into one player right now even if they do get something like 3 firsts out of the deal.

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
I would do Neal for Skinner @ 50% and hope he can gel on the LW with either McDavid or Draisaitl.

The problem with this is that the Sabres would effectively have Neal at 10 million while the Oilers do benefit with Skinner at 4.5.
I'm pretty sure the Sabres say no to this and that's why the contract is virtually unmovable.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

horner

May 22, 2007
I've been wondering this but I don't think a first and a prospect (as good as both may be) are going to do it. Skinner still has something like $54million owed over 6 years - It may take up to 3 first round picks (Without conditions or limits) to get it done. I don't think Seattle wants to sink that much salary and term into one player right now even if they do get something like 3 firsts out of the deal.
They need to get to the cap floor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->