Player Discussion Jeff Skinner -- Part 3 -- Closing in on a deal (per McKenzie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Botterill's gonna get babcocked and left holding the bag if he doesn't develop a sense of urgency. Come June 23rd when the free agency interview period opens, Skinner's agent will be shopping the Sabres offer. Botterill needs to make his best offer and set a deadline before June 23rd. If Skinner doesn't sign it comes off the table. I think Botterill is so confident Skinner will sign that the B in his Plan B stands for something like Bylsma.

Even after the 23rd, Skinner isn't getting more in total dollars than what the Sabres are offering. I encourage him to go to the 23rd.

Reactions: HogtownSabresfan

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
So basically this is karma again, ROR that crybaby bitch wins a Stanley Cup, and Skinner is going to walk into UFA and sign with someone like Vancouver. I'm pretty much convinced. I'm ready to start talking Gustav Nyquist.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
For all anyone knows, the Sabres have already made him a deal that he will accept, and he and his agent are just using the time to extract whatever else they can get, since they have all the leverage.

Errybody RELAX... :)

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Whatever it takes to keep him. We have 2 options:

1) Overpay him by $1.5 million a year (enough to pay for a 4th liner) so the team at least has a prayer of being competitive.

Or

2) Let him walk and watch this team get it's head kicked in on a nightly basis for the next 2 seasons with guys like Olofson, Mitts and Tage being thrown into positions where they are being counted on that they are in no way ready for and totaling their careers before they even begin.
one-billion-dollars-3gv0nd.jpg

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
The best part is: the team will still suck even if he signs

I think that's probably true, but it doesn't *have* to be true. Re-signing Skinner provides a basis for then attempting to build up a competitive team. Not that it appears the GM is going to be doing any of that, but at least you could argue it would be the start of it.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Clearly you need to re sign him. But I have no idea how I’d feel comfortable paying him 9.5 like kucherov money. Like that’s pretty scary even though I don’t see him hitting a huge decline. I’d almost want to pass as well be getting a legit top 6 full time in olofsson next season but even so, that would just basically be a wash or a decrease to our offense. So we basically have to sign him to upgrade our roster

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
My "secret source" tells me Panarin is a big steak and eggs kinda guy
It seems to me it should be called “my amazing secret source”, as in, “Here’s a rumor I pulled out of my amazing secret source”.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Can someone please clarify why media members are reporting that the Skinner contract has to get done by today/tomorrow to keep him from going to FA?

I understand that the closer to FA he gets, the more likely he’ll go to the market. But it just seems like they’re trying to stir up some clickbait drama. As I understand it Botts has 2 more weeks to get something done before other teams even have a chance to speak to him. Example of this below:

Reactions: Tatre

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Can't wait to see how the new GM will get out of this contract. Ten times worse than Okposo signing. Can't wait for Skinners 50 points next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad