Player Discussion Jeff Petry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Boustan, one of my favourite spots in Montreal.

Have been meaning to try it for a long time now.

They opened a 2nd location in RDP however, I'm told their downtown spot is better.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
Have been meaning to try it for a long time now.

They opened a 2nd location in RDP however, I'm told their downtown spot is better.

The first place always is. Schwartz's only really has one location.

The owner of Patati-Patata as well had offers to expand but he kept it hte grungy, greasy little gem it is because expansion often spells doom. It's also disappointing to know something no longer has that unique quality, that "placeness" about it.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Bumping this thread with a simple question

yo Jeff are you alright man? hard game last night buddy

Off night for sure. All players have them from time to time. He is also playing with a new defensive partner - on the first Vancouver goal last night, him and Beaulieu were definitely not on the same page in that routine d-zone play. He'll be better next game.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Anybody hear anything in regards to his injury status? It would be quite a blow to lose him long term.

On the IR (to keep a roster spot open so we don't have to send someone down yet), but he won't miss much action. Won't be playing on Thursday, though.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Oh this is his player thread. Thank god, i thought McDonald's brought his poutine back :scared:

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Holy crap man, I got scared for a second that it came back and they discontinued the spicy buffalo chicken poutine like last time.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Great start to the year so far, could be a career year for him if he keeps this up!

Not just because of the offensive numbers too, his poise is just off the charts right now, so trustable with the puck.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Not just because of the offensive numbers too, his poise is just off the charts right now, so trustable with the puck.

He's been fantastic so far this year. You can tell he was playing injured last year as he just wasn't the same player we had gotten to know. Great to have Jeff back as we really need him. His loss to injury last year was much bigger than most of us thought.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Can tell that hernia was effecting him after November, he was excellent the first two months of the year last year then struggled after that.

Really like him with Markov since he can help him more offensively as well.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Such an underrated player, due in large part to the understated, relaxed way he plays.

Exactly what we've been missing since Hamrlik left, similar game.

A real luxury to have Weber on the top pair and Petry and Markov on the 2nd.

Hopefully he can stay healthy all season as he makes a huge difference.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Such an underrated player, due in large part to the understated, relaxed way he plays.

Exactly what we've been missing since Hamrlik left, similar game.

A real luxury to have Weber on the top pair and Petry and Markov on the 2nd.

Hopefully he can stay healthy all season as he makes a huge difference.

The Habs really benefited from the Oilers shoty management. Petry was willing to stay long term in Edmonton but MacT wanted him to prove himself and thus gave him a 1 year deal which in turn would make him a rental. Considering it only cost a 2nd essentially for a top 4 defenseman Petry has been the best rental pickup for the Habs since Kovalev.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I think Petry is the only MB trade that I can stand behind 100%. Absolutely amazing deal for us, he'll play a critical role in our success the next few years.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
He's looking smooth and ultra confident out there for the Habs. Has been moving the puck extremely well and always seems to be in the right position. Has an underrated bomb of a shot as well. Just has to stay healthy and he looks to be on pace for a phenomenal year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad