Player Discussion Jeff Petry

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Glad to hear he's doing well. He was always incredibly underrated by fans and media here in Edmonton. Management flat out assessed him wrong. They spent more time and money on guys like Ference and Nikitin. Dallas Eakins even healthy scratched him last year for reasons unknown. It sucks that he's not on the team, seeing the state of our defense again, but it will take a while to undo the Lowe/MacT/Eakins damage on this team. One of the best second pairing guys in the league IMO. Glad he's on MTL, Habs are my favorite team out east.

We definitely appreciate him here in Montreal. He's arguably been our best defenseman since he joined the team. Subban may be better overall but Petry is the most consistent player on the team. This guy has certainly taken the Habs to the next level to where we are actual contenders for the cup. Crazy how one dman can make your dcorps look so much better.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Really solidifies our backend. Dude is fast, has size, and can move the puck with ease. He is pretty much everything you could ask for in a "defensive defenseman", and can chip in 20 or so points.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
He is (arguably) the #1 reason why the Habs are more fun to watch this year.

MfU2wJ3.jpg

Last edited:

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC
I love Petry so much that he's in the mix for my Habs jersey with laces purchase pool. Either gonna be him, Subban or Gallagher.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
I love Petry so much that he's in the mix for my Habs jersey with laces purchase pool. Either gonna be him, Subban or Gallagher.

He's our Hjalmarsson... our Voynov (Stirctly on the ice). He's that awesome second pair defenseman that makes us have an instantly elite top 4

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

If I didn't have a Price jersey already I would get a Petry. He's here long term so wh not? He's just a fun player to watch. He can do it all whether it's a big hit, a beautiful defensive play, a great breakout pass leading to a goal or even just a nice pinch to tuck it in. Most importantly though, he is always between the man with the puck and Price. Never seen a guy who can get back into position as quickly as he does.

Rock On

May 29, 2006
Saint-Jean
He's actually becoming our # 2 and it was unexpected. Markov is still good but any team with Markov as # 3 is in a good position (7-0-0 hehe).
Best signing in the NHL this summer !

realtalk11

Oct 7, 2013
I've never seen a montreal Dman so poised with the puck in his own zone.. even while being pressured by the other team. Always making the best decision. He won't put up 40 points but damn he is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->