Player Discussion Jeff Petry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Just throwing it out there but Petry has more points this season than Subban.

Should we riot if he ever gets traded? (Just asking for a friend)

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Petry certainly developing into #1 defenseman. Way the team plays is more suiting to his skill.

When Weber gets back maybe trade him as he will fetch a big haul of youth and not sure how his skill will fit in with Habs high tempo game. Maybe it will settle us down a bit too much?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Petry certainly developing into #1 defenseman. Way the team plays is more suiting to his skill.

When Weber gets back maybe trade him as he will fetch a big haul of youth and not sure how his skill will fit in with Habs high tempo game. Maybe it will settle us down a bit too much?

Weber's not going anywhere.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Still turns the puck over way too much for my liking...but he's also our only legitimate puck mover.

So mistakes will happen.

Still...he's been very good

Reactions: Redux91

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Trade Petry to a contender (as part of a package if need be) now for a blue chip LHD prospect.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Can he play the left side when Man Mountain comes back?
Why would we do that?

Weber is 33 and coming back from multiple injuries and surgeries. We have no clue if he'll ever be able to keep up like he did in the past. With the current coaching staff not being scared of making hard decisions, I wouldn't be surprised if they want to keep Weber's energy level up by making him play 18-22 minutes a game this season. Petry and Juulsen are both big time on ice players.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Still turns the puck over way too much for my liking...but he's also our only legitimate puck mover.

So mistakes will happen.

Still...he's been very good

Yea, he's still makes defensive mistakes. But his positive impact on the team far outweigh the negative one. I think my biggest knock on Petry is he can't hit the effin' net on the PP. He'd have more goals by now if he can at least do that. Or at the very last, create more chances on any rebound.

He's on pace for 62 points. :thumbu:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yea, he's still makes defensive mistakes. But his positive impact on the team far outweigh the negative one. I think my biggest knock on Petry is he can't hit the effin' net on the PP. He'd have more goals by now if he can at least do that. Or at the very last, create more chances on any rebound.

He's on pace for 62 points. :thumbu:
9 out of 10 shots by Petry miss the net

Pisses me off lol

Reactions: Redux91 and Mrb1p

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
15 points in 20 games. Playing solid at both ends of the Ice honestly. Don't get the hate he sometimes receives. Lucky to have him

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
15 points in 20 games. Playing solid at both ends of the Ice honestly. Don't get the hate he sometimes receives. Lucky to have him

Imagine if we didn"t have him...yikes...
For a guy who we got a 2nd round pick Petry doing 25-28 minute a game some nights. he has had to shoulder the load for Weber...we are lucky ....

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Why would we do that?

Weber is 33 and coming back from multiple injuries and surgeries. We have no clue if he'll ever be able to keep up like he did in the past. With the current coaching staff not being scared of making hard decisions, I wouldn't be surprised if they want to keep Weber's energy level up by making him play 18-22 minutes a game this season. Petry and Juulsen are both big time on ice players.
Cause Jordie Benn is playing there at the moment
All our D suck on the defensive side of the puck
We don't have a Top 4 LHD, barely even a Top 6 LHD at the moment
Weber will be fine to play big minutes after a couple of weeks

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Reilly - Weber
Schlemko/Mete - Petry
Schlemko/Mete - Juulsen

Hard to see Julien taking Benn out. He has him on the top pairing.

I think Mete adds a lot to the dcore with his skating and by playing fast. I hope he isn't taken out.

And, I'm not sure Schlemko is ahead of Ouellet. Schlemko plays slow and is a turnover machine.

imo, it should be between Ouellet, Benn, and Schlemko for the 6th spot. But Julien will keep doing the rotation anyways, to keep guys on their toes. I expect 8 dmen, with 2 sitting each game. That leaves 13 forwards. When everyone is healthy, we have 14 + Agostino. Agostino and one more forward will have to be put on waivers.

Reactions: DAChampion

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Played a great game tonight. He skated miles, played physical and made a sweet pass on the first goal. He's been excellent on the p.k. too even if he sucks on the PP. He's a work horse for us out there.
We don't have much better right now. He sucks but he's good some games, like last night. I guess he will stay here and hope when Weber is back, he'll be good again.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
He's the best D on the Habs currently. He is not great defensively. It tells wonders on how bad the defense is. Without him, this team would be last.

For some of you suggesting to trade Pertry for a young LD prospect, that would be a very bad mistake for now at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad