Jan 29, 2009
Here is my version LOL...

Baseball.jpg

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Our future on RD is set.

Brook, Juulsen, Fleury. (even Weber)

That's why we could trade Petry if the price is right even thought he's probably better than Weber.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Taken care of its whole department overall. Heavy loads of liabilities in charge. Pure generosity on his over-commitmentness. Adjustments may've been uneasy at first. It looks he went out or outside his comfortable areas.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Our future on RD is set.

Brook, Juulsen, Fleury. (even Weber)

That's why we could trade Petry if the price is right even thought he's probably better than Weber.

Let’s cool the jets a bit and see Brook, Juuls, and Fleury actually in the NHL for a full season before we say the future is set. Speaking as a big fan of all 3 players, who followed all 3 from junior pre-draft to the present.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
And what happens if they're not ready and we've already traded Petry?

I like Juulsen, Fleury and Brook and think they all could be top-4 defensemen. That said, Juulsen just had a major injury to his eye that might affect his coordination, which might mean he needs to take time to really get back in the groove, so penciling him in as a second-pairing guy right now might be premature. Brook and Fleury need some time in the AHL to really hone their game, grow their confidence, and make it big in a year or two in the NHL when they're 100% ready, kind of like what the Islanders did with Pulock.

And so, keeping Petry another year at least is the smartest decision to me right now.
I'm wondering me too as well... That so-called quota of ages isnt a exact science. As a mentor, he'll let his successors taken his dspot at a given time. Progressively. When they'd be ready not at 100%. But at 1909%...

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Petry has grown into a #2 / elite #3 all-round D man and has been brilliant for us. Who did Edmonton pick with the 2nd rounder we "paid" for him?

I see a lot of "trade him whilst his value is high" comments and yes, I get that point. Unless that value is real, tangible, can't miss or ready now value, why would we break our second pairing? Are we expecting Brook to instantly morph into Petry 2.0, to play Petry minutes in Petry situations and deliver Petry production next season?

It would need to be a big overpayment before we consider moving him on, if you ask me.

Reactions: phillytennis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->