Player Discussion Jeff Petry (Part II) - #mynamejeff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Petry has certainly fell out of favor on here
Meh same old same old with Petry. Petry has been inconsistent through his whole career. He can be the best d-man on the ice one stretch of games and the worst for the next. Last year was probably one of his better years in terms of how often he was bad. I only recall a few games where he was as bad as he has been the past 10-12 games.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Did you guys know his dad was in the MLB and Petry is a dynamic skater? The crew at TSN2 tell us every game, incase it was forgotten.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Not physically. His decision making is the problem right now. Can't make one guick easy/safe pass.
It's just that he was playing so good for the first couple months or so and then his game just feel off a cliff

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Meh same old same old with Petry. Petry has been inconsistent through his whole career. He can be the best d-man on the ice one stretch of games and the worst for the next. Last year was probably one of his better years in terms of how often he was bad. I only recall a few games where he was as bad as he has been the past 10-12 games.
Sounds like last year was the time to trade Petry?

Reactions: CapSpace and Perrah

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
If we aren't in a position to make the playoffs by the trade deadline he should be dealt

He should have been deal last season for maximum value but yeah even if we are still in the playoff battle I would trade him along Tatar. We have to realize we are not winning anything with that group of players.

Reactions: DangerDave

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
He should have been deal last season for maximum value but yeah even if we are still in the playoff battle I would trade him along Tatar. We have to realize we are not winning anything with that group of players.
His value is still insanely high. A bad stretch shouldn't hurt it too much and he's still on a good pace in terms of production.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
If we wait next season's dead line we are playing with fire though.
Yeah this is the year to move him no doubt. Not just because of his contract but also I could see his play deteriorating quite a bit between now and then.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Looks mentally fatigued.

The mistakes he's making are mostly the result of a lack of focus and attentiveness. They aren't occurring because the skill isn't there.

Physical fatigue leads to mental fatigue. Perhaps Petry was leaned on a little too much? Or maybe he just doesn't have an 82 game stamina and gets periods of fatigue in the middle of the season?

I don't doubt he'll find his game again. It's just a question of when.

Reactions: 1909

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Trading him would be beyond stupid.

*It would not, if Juulsen was well on his way to top 4 RHD status. And he is not.

I think ultimately Bergevin doesn't re-sign Tatar but ends up extending Petry. Too many left hand shots up front, not enough right hand shots on the back end. :dunno:

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Uh no!
Petry will be 33 next year and we most likely are a bubble team again. The entire team needs to be overhauled.

This team has been in the process of an overhaul over the past 2 seasons. Who is taking Petry spot next season? Fleury or Brook, please don't make me laugh. Oh and hopefully they can also fill in as a number 1 if Weber gets hurt lmao.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Trading him would be beyond stupid.

Depends which direction Bergevin is going. I hope he chooses the right one, whatever it's going to be.

Personally, I've had enough of half assed transitions/rebuilds. Considering our aging core it's time to move assets like Petry, Weber and Byron who can fetch good picks and won't hurt the team long teem.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
The issues is that Petry going to hit the jackpot he either going to get too much term or too much money and he will start to decline so that contract will be bad but the worst thing that could happen is that we lose him for free like Sourray, Streit, Komisarek, Markov.

Reactions: LaP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad