Proposal: Jeff Petry and Domi to the Jets

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Petry is a really really bad fit for the Jets.

They can't afford to waste assets like that.

sanster77

May 1, 2012
Since the Jets need a top 4 RHD I propose this

MTL trades

Jeff Petry
Domi

Jets trade

First Round Pick
Roslovic
Vesalainen
Niku

I would love to see the jets make a move for domi especially now that little is out for the year. I realize the jets most pressing need is defence but we’ve also had a hole at second line center with little not finding chemistry with his wingers. I wonder if we could package perreault who has term left and has been a good producer for the jets even tho he’s having a tough year with injuries. I would offer Players like Lowry, MP or Niku and pick to get it done? Maybe use the summer to fix holes on D? Thoughts

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I would love to see the jets make a move for domi especially now that little is out for the year. I realize the jets most pressing need is defence but we’ve also had a hole at second line center with little not finding chemistry with his wingers. I wonder if we could package perreault who has term left and has been a good producer for the jets even tho he’s having a tough year with injuries. I would offer Players like Lowry, MP or Niku and pick to get it done? Maybe use the summer to fix holes on D? Thoughts

You aren't getting Domi for the likes of Perreault and Niku.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Would adding roslovic or I pic be enough to move the needle?

Probably not. Niku is unproven at the NHL level and Perreault doesn't have positive value at this point. I'm not sure Montreal has any reason to do that.

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Jets say no.

This is not our year with all the crap that has gone on. I think we should finish out the year and see what happens. Miss the playoffs we’ll have a decent pick and we seem to always do well with those.

Petry will be gone soon as his contract is done, and we can’t afford to trade 3 young cost centric guys like that, especially since we’re not trying to contend this season.

Thanks but no thanks.

Reactions: snowkiddin

The Price is Right

Jul 3, 2008
Pretty easy no from Winnipeg. The Jets don't need wingers and Petry is too old and doesn't have enough term, so neither Hab player is worth the Jets giving up their first for. Never mind the nice prospect and two good young players on top of it.

Domi can play 2C and Petry would be a big boost. He can easily stay he has only played on Canadian teams

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Domi can play 2C and Petry would be a big boost. He can easily stay he has only played on Canadian teams
Domi might be able to play center, but probably not full time, which is why Montreal fans want to trade him. Petry is just too old for our core and would want a large raise when his contract is up in a year. There’s just nothing there that makes it worth the Jets giving up a high first and three good young players.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Absolutely not from Montréal. Certainly not both. And definitely not for that package. Petry and Domi are proven commodities. None of those prospects are can’t miss. They’ve had their chances and haven’t been able to make an impact.

Domi is a possibility but I doubt it. Either way the first prospect named for either one should be Heinola.

Jets should just make a minor move or 2 to reward players. Not their year.

Heinola isn’t being moved.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
OP makes virtually no sense to the Jets, based on needs and management statements..

Sadly the Habs fans on this forum have a long and storied history of not caring what other teams’ needs are, making ludicrous trade proposals involving those team’s top assets for their expendable pieces in which the other fanbase has zero interest, and then getting pissy when those proposals are rightfully shot down. One could find that unbelievably obnoxious, but these days I look on it almost fondly, as one of the few constants in an ever-changing world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad