Proposal: Jeff Petry and Domi to the Jets

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
yes they are, are you living under a rock ? majority of the fan base wants to trade those players
What the fans want ? Ownership/Management make the decisions not the fans . Domi will be signed and Petry will likely be signed to an extension before next season .

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
What the fans want ? Ownership/Management make the decisions not the fans . Domi will be signed and Petry will likely be signed to an extension before next season .
no they won'T. makes no sense to keep fighting if we are far away from winning.

you are alone here, every single one of the fan base wants to maximise the pieces that we have.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Pretty easy no from Winnipeg. The Jets don't need wingers and Petry is too old and doesn't have enough term, so neither Hab player is worth the Jets giving up their first for. Never mind the nice prospect and two good young players on top of it.
Either of these player would get a 1st + easily if traded.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
yes they are, are you living under a rock ? majority of the fan base wants to trade those players

What the fans want is not relevant. For what it's worth an analyst on SN said Petry may be the only player Bergevin won't consider trading. This may be true or not. Everyone has a price.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
no they won'T. makes no sense to keep fighting if we are far away from winning.

you are alone here, every single one of the fan base wants to maximise the pieces that we have.
I live under a rock and you live in a fantasy world . Petry has 1 season remaining on his contract and it can be argued he's Montreal's best defenceman he isn't being traded for a draft pick/Prospect . Domi is 24 soon to be 25 he isn't being traded for a draft pick/ Prospect either . Both players are going to be signed in the summer because no trade that's made will return better players.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Jets management stated publicly they are only looking at long term solutions on D, not rental or short term guys. Plus Jets have zero need for wingers. So:

- Petry isn’t even an option they consider.

- Domi would only be considered if management thought he could be a responsible 2C, if they thought of him as a winger he fills no needs.

- Chevy also states their 1st rd pick would be very unlikely if he traded it, yet this offer is trading away 3+ 1st rd picks.

OP makes virtually no sense to the Jets, based on needs and management statements. I would say no chance the Jets even remotely consider this trade due to multi reasons.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Since the Jets need a top 4 RHD I propose this

MTL trades

Jeff Petry
Domi

Jets trade

First Round Pick
Roslovic
Vesalainen
Niku
Don't know the Jets prospects but that is major, major for Habs to give up both. Given what Coleman and Zucker went for Montreal be wise to listen to offers this deadline. Sounds like a seller's market

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Absolutely not from Montréal. Certainly not both. And definitely not for that package. Petry and Domi are proven commodities. None of those prospects are can’t miss. They’ve had their chances and haven’t been able to make an impact.

Domi is a possibility but I doubt it. Either way the first prospect named for either one should be Heinola.

Jets should just make a minor move or 2 to reward players. Not their year.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Absolutely not from Montréal. Certainly not both. And definitely not for that package. Petry and Domi are proven commodities. None of those prospects are can’t miss. They’ve had their chances and haven’t been able to make an impact.

Domi is a possibility but I doubt it. Either way the first prospect named for either one should be Heinola.

Jets should just make a minor move or 2 to reward players. Not their year.
This guy gets it.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
This trades a joke. Thats practically 3 firsts plus Niku. Jets hang up and block MBs number
UnlawfulUniqueHawaiianmonkseal.gif

Reactions: Lorenzo1000

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Montreal giving up by far the 2 best assets in the trade. A number 2-3 defender and top 6 forward and we aren't getting a single blue chip prospect. Althought I like all 3 of the Jets prospects, I don't think any of them has a top line or first pairing defenseman... Only way we can win that trade is if that first is a lottery pick and I doubt that happens if they had Petry and Domi.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Montreal giving up by far the 2 best assets in the trade. A number 2-3 defender and top 6 forward and we aren't getting a single blue chip prospect. Althought I like all 3 of the Jets prospects, I don't think any of them has a top line or first pairing defenseman... Only way we can win that trade is if that first is a lottery pick and I doubt that happens if they had Petry and Domi.

You're looking at this one-dimensionally, taking only the player's skill into consideration. Term is a thing, you know. Four cost-controlled assets for a contract that has one year left on it and Domi? That's a future crippler for Winnipeg. How did the Kane and Bogosian trade work out for Buffalo?

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Montreal aren't trading either player.

I agree, Montreal and Winnipeg aren’t good trade partners. Domi is great and I’d like him on the jets, but he’s not a need so I can’t see the jets paying what would be needed to get him, and while Petry is still a good D, his age and length of contract don’t fit the jets plans very well and again I can’t see them being overly interested.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
You're looking at this one-dimensionally, taking only the player's skill into consideration. Term is a thing, you know. Four cost-controlled assets for a contract that has one year left on it and Domi? That's a future crippler for Winnipeg. How did the Kane and Bogosian trade work out for Buffalo?
I absolutely am looking at this one-dimensionnally.
If that doesn't make sense for my team, the habs, I don't even have to ask my self if it makes sense for your team, the jets.
Domi's contract won't cribble the habs, neither would Petry's deal if they wanted to resign him.
The problem in Montreal is getting top talent and these 2 are up there in the hierarchy right now. Cost control asset with good, but not great potential isn't a problem for montreal in my opinion.
Not saying in anyway this makes sense for the Jets either, just to be clear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad