Player Discussion Jeff Gorton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Who'd be ahead besides Buch and Stempniak?
First of all, Ryan McDonagh who's #1 AINEC.

Also ahead of Miller

-Yandle
-Kreider
-Lundqvist
-E. Staal
-Hayes
-Namestnikov
-Skjei
-Smith
-ADA

Miller consistently got soft top 6 minutes. And he opened his big trap and blamed AV but notice Gorton couldn't wait to get rid of the both of them.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Also ahead of Miller

-Yandle - Yes
-Kreider - No
-Lundqvist - In press - Yes, otherwise - No
-E. Staal - Too short so No
-Hayes - No
-Namestnikov - No (at least not yet)
-Skjei - No
-Smith - No
-ADA - No

Miller consistently got soft top 6 minutes. And he opened his big trap and blamed AV but notice Gorton couldn't wait to get rid of the both of them.

Just to clarify - I not saying all of these players were not yanked around by AV, I just disagree they got it more than Miller.

Last edited:

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

Also ahead of Miller

-Yandle
-Kreider
-Lundqvist
-E. Staal
-Hayes
-Namestnikov
-Skjei
-Smith
-ADA

I agree with all these except Lundquvist. When was he misused?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
-Kreider was benched twice for every time Miller was

-Lundqvist was healthy scratched this year

-Hayes was thrown into extremely hard usage with no warning and no indication he's capable of doing so. We got lucky he succeeded.

-there's enough of a sample to say Staal isn't a third liner

-Did you forget Skjei and Smith getting "lost" against Ottawa?

-ADA was constantly out of the lineup for a scrub like O'Gara or Kampfer

-Namestnikov was played out of position and then demoted

Explain to me what AV did to Miller that was horrible.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
That and the debacle this year where he was **** talked to the media and then benched for Georgiev.

I found the "injury" to be quite mysterious.
But Hank has actually played most of the year injured. Didn't he say he's not competing in the wc's this year because of his knee? If anything AV misused Hank by forcing him to play through that

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
-Kreider was benched twice for every time Miller was

-Lundqvist was healthy scratched this year

-Hayes was thrown into extremely hard usage with no warning and no indication he's capable of doing so. We got lucky he succeeded.

-there's enough of a sample to say Staal isn't a third liner

-Did you forget Skjei and Smith getting "lost" against Ottawa?

-ADA was constantly out of the lineup for a scrub like O'Gara or Kampfer

-Namestnikov was played out of position and then demoted

Explain to me what AV did to Miller that was horrible.

As I put with my edits, I don't propose that these players were not yanked around, held on a short leash or spent time in a AV's doghouse. All examples you pointed to are the same ones I considered.

IMHO cumulatively and relatively Miller got the most of it.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Why are people put off by the idea of character? Seems like an odd thing to get hung up on.
It's not that people are getting hung up on the idea of character, it's that some people are getting hung up on the idea of choosing character over skill/talent/speed/etc.

That being said, Gorton/the Rangers aren't looking for one or the other. They have said they want skill/speed as well as character. They aren't mutually exclusive.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Why are people put off by the idea of character? Seems like an odd thing to get hung up on.
What Irish said, but also because the bloggersphere gets up in arms and thinks they’re going to try to build a team like Brian Burke would, despite all contrary evidence.

It’s kinda funny when it gets spun negatively because it’s being completely ignorant about the human aspect of this sport. They want skill and character. They don’t want 12 Tanner Glass’ on the ice.

Reactions: Miamipuck and Bozle

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Character does not just mean players who are tough/gritty/etc. Having character does not mean the player lacks talent/skill/speed.

But apparently the word "character" triggers a lot of people to think of "Oh, Gorton just wants a bunch of players like McLeod/Glass/Lapierre/etc. and doesn't want talent at all. #FireGorton"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->