Player Discussion Jeff Gorton Part II

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
3 years into a rebuild and Fast is the 2nd line RW.
Still no competent 4th line.
#Wizard

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Don’t let this thread be a distraction to the fact that Al Bundy once scored 4 touchdowns in a single game for Polk High School Panthers in 1966 versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, “Spare Tire” Dixon Bubba Smith.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If he self rents Fast and Kreider, I will personally kick him and JD in the nuts.
I would be ok with self renting Fast if someone offers me a third round pick from a top 5 team. Second round or decent prospect or take a hike

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
What the hell are you talking about?

You took a shot at Gorton and Fast...Fast then goes out and scores 2 goals, 1 of which is the GWG.

As @GoAwayStaal said, just take the L and accept it. Its ok.

It's no shot at fast.
I love Fast and don't think he should be traded as the return will not be worth the loss.
However.. If he's your 1st/2nd line winger?
Then your GM is nothing short of an imbecile

What loss am I taking here???

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
It's no shot at fast.
I love Fast and don't think he should be traded as the return will not be worth the loss.

This isn't quite how hockey works. Fast is on that line because he compliments Panarin and Strome really well. It's called looking at the Big Picture. Give it a try. :)

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
#Wizard

Only because they started in such a hole and it takes time for players to be acquired and develop.

Compared to what was here 3 years ago:

Out - Stepan, Mcdonagh, Nash, Grabner, Hayes, MZA, Miller, Brassard.

In - Panarin, Zibanejad, Kakko, ADA, Chytil, Strome, Lindgren, Howden, Fox, Trouba, Lemieux, plus one of the best crop of prospects in the NHL. And Shesterkin developed. And more prospects via Kreider and Fast trades, and the 2020 lottery pick.

There was a lot of progress, the team was just in a bigger hole 3 years ago than we cared to admit.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Only because they started in such a hole and it takes time for players to be acquired and develop.

Compared to what was here 3 years ago:

Out - Stepan, Mcdonagh, Nash, Grabner, Hayes, MZA, Miller, Brassard.

In - Panarin, Zibanejad, Kakko, ADA, Chytil, Strome, Lindgren, Howden, Fox, Trouba, Lemieux, plus one of the best crop of prospects in the NHL. And Shesterkin developed. And more prospects via Kreider and Fast trades, and the 2020 lottery pick.

There was a lot of progress, the team was just in a bigger hole 3 years ago than we cared to admit.

Many of us saw the hole they were in and actually wanted this process to start after they lost to the Pens in 5.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Many of us saw the hole they were in and actually wanted this process to start after they lost to the Pens in 5.

Yeah, but most conversation was about "retooling, not rebuilding," briefly followed by "rebuild on the fly," then "Lias, Chytil and Miller ready in 2 years from their draft," and finally "quickest rebuild ever" after Kakko, Trouba and Panarin were acquired. Things take time.

But this time, it really is the last TDL sale. Next year there will be no UFA vets to sell, maybe just lateral moves, maybe nothing major at all.

Reactions: Maximus

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
It's no shot at fast.

Some of the long term solutions at certain positions are just not ready yet.

Buch didn’t play well with Panarin and fits Kreider+Zbad much better. Kakko just turned 19, but isn’t too far away from being a top-6 player. Kravtsov is still cooking.

Fast is no top-6 player but he provides balance with 2 offensive minded players with Panarin and Strome.

We’ll get there. Future is bright.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
#Wizard
How are you complaining about this team right now? Looking at other teams who tore it down, this is one of the fasted rebuilds in the league and it looks like it’s about to be successful as soon as next year. Hell this is the youngest team in the league and they’re in the playoff hunt.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
We’ll get there. Future is bright.

Need a top-6 LW and a 1LHD. At LW, maybe Strome or Chytil shift to the wing, but LHD has no realistic options, Miller at #1 being more phantom than reality. He can become a second pair guy, but 1LHD seems to be a stretch. Maybe draft Jake Sanderson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->