Player Discussion Jeff Gorton Part II

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
As far as TDA goes why not assign him to Maine? He wouldnt be around top prospects, and the Rangers may also salvage some value in trade potential. It would probably be a tough pill for TDA to swallow but it may show other teams that he is serious about his game. I dont see any downside to the move. Maybe injury/contract concerns?

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
As far as TDA goes why not assign him to Maine? He wouldnt be around top prospects, and the Rangers may also salvage some value in trade potential. It would probably be a tough pill for TDA to swallow but it may show other teams that he is serious about his game. I dont see any downside to the move. Maybe injury/contract concerns?
Maine is not operating this season due to the pandemic.

Reactions: bleedblue94

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
It's a young team that is going to be inconsistent. I don't think that's a crazy idea.

When they actually get contributions from their top players the entire team looks different.

When a team isn't winning, the most common easy fixes are 1) coaching 2) lack of leadership or 3) tuffness. Maybe the issues have more to do with being a young team and getting little from what the perceived strengths of this team would be coming into the season....

Okay, but none of that addresses my point. When a team appears to be packing it in, responsibility needs to be put somewhere. That somewhere is usually the coach. Whether the vets are underachieving or not, the entire team needs to put forth a strong effort. That is something that they can control.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Just was reading someone else's post and it really made me think about something I've ignored repeatedly.

Why did we burn a year or two off all these ELCs when it's obvious none of these teenagers were really ready and the team was going to be bad? Besides laf who HAD to come here we could be looking at another 1 or two ELC years on kakko, kravt, chytil. Lias never should have been brought over before last season or more likely this season. VK should've been left alone until next year.

Bad organizations rush prospects onto bad teams and waste ELCs. I always assumed we just knew better bc our FO determined these guys would all be special. It didn't work for literally any of the guys we brought in early.

We all wanted kakko here but doesn't a pro organization assess "Hey, the kid needs to grow into his body or we'll:
1 just waste years of his elc for no reason bc he can't play his game yet
2 do it on bad teams he performs poorly on.
3 do it with a ? at head coach.

The lack of long term thinking in this organization is stunning. Did the same with lias, chytil and kravtsov. None of them were ready when we brought them over. The FO literally failed to evaluate their readiness in every single instance.

Last edited:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Wouldn’t he throw off a game at that level? Personality aside, he’s a top tier nhl talent. He should absolutely tilt the ice in a disruptive way at that level.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Is this some kind of evil joke that JG is playing on us?

You really think this guy knows what he's doing?

Hint: it's not a 10 year question..

Reactions: ArPanet and Scott r

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
hahaha my god you ADA apologists are just mind-blowing. The very definition of children. "Noooooooo! I said and did horrible things, but being held accountable for it is Orwellian!". God I needed that laugh this afternoon. Thanks!
Just curious, before I get snarky,you think I am being an ADA apologist, that was the point of what I said?

Last edited:

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
McDonagh, Miller, Zucc, Hayes and Pionk out
Howden, Hajek, Trouba in
2 candidates for bottom pairing D possible though both guys could end losing out to drafted players

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
hahaha my god you ADA apologists are just mind-blowing. The very definition of children. "Noooooooo! I said and did horrible things, but being held accountable for it is Orwellian!". God I needed that laugh this afternoon. Thanks!
i have to know, was this just playing around/

or did you compound a huge reading fail with one of the more aggressively condescending troll posts ever?

The dude you quoted was mocking ADA not apologizing for him lol

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
This guy puts a bunch of teens in a position to fail on the ice night after night.

Garbage coaching.
No system.
Half a roster.
No center depth.
No defined roles.

I'd fire this f***er into the sun yesterday if I could..

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
This guy puts a bunch of teens in a position to fail on the ice night after night.

Garbage coaching.
No system.
Half a roster.
No center depth.
No defined roles.

I'd fire this f***er into the sun yesterday if I could..

I agree time to get somebody more hard working and competent. Throwing away ADA when you could have traded him for a big return in the offseason is mind boggling.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I agree time to get somebody more hard working and competent. Throwing away ADA when you could have traded him for a big return in the offseason is mind boggling.

That's just one out of many questionable moves this guy is responsible for..

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
What big return? Literally where has a big return ever been factually reported beyond what fanboys hoped he would return? Insiders on this board and guys from around the league have reported that there just wasn't that much interest in him this summer when nyr floated him, so how do you get a big return if no other team is actually offering you said return? You can't hit "force trade" like in EA NHL

Reactions: haveandare

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
What big return? Literally where has a big return ever been factually reported beyond what fanboys hoped he would return? Insiders on this board and guys from around the league have reported that there just wasn't that much interest in him this summer when nyr floated him, so how do you get a big return if no other team is actually offering you said return? You can't hit "force trade" like in EA NHL

what proof do you have that a teams were not interested in ADA after last season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad