Jeff Carter In the AHL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

salzy

Mar 3, 2005
Windsor
Honus Joglund said:
Because Jeff Carter's won a whole lot?

No, because if there is a player that he reminds me of and a player who I would love for his career to mimic, it would be Nieuwendyk.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jeff Carter now has 13 points in 11 playoff games.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Carter is going to be a star. I'm still chuckling at the guy who said on these boards that Carter would be nothing more than a 20-goal guy in the NHL. He, Crosby and Nash are going to anchor Canada's national team for a lot of years.

FlyersFan10*

BuppY said:
This dude has some serious talent. I hate Philly but man do they have a player or what. :cry: This guy is Mats Sundin part 2.

I see alot of Sundin in his game, but I also see a lot of Jason Allison in his game as well. Someone mentioned Joe Nieuwendyk, but I don't see it. I also see a lot Joe Sakic in his game too.

MojoJojo

Jan 31, 2003
Philadelphia
Visit site
The single thing which impresses me most about him is his ability to launch a hard accurate shot in no time at all. For half those goals the average AHL player would not have gotten anything, and the play would have been broken by the time he was ready to shoot. Carter can find the puck and shoot it in the corner before the opposing defenseman can tie up his stick or check him. His size, skating and vision are all added bonuses.

Honestly I dont see Sundin in him that much. Sundin is a more creative player who uses his size and is impossible to knock off his skates. Carter is more of a power sniper, perhaps similar in style to Iginla or Allison, very mobile and able to bury the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad