Jeff Carter In the AHL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodrev

May 8, 2004
Long Island, NY
jeff carter in the playoffs
8 games 6 goals 3 assists 9pts +4

he is tied for 1st in the league in goals in the playoffs and was 1st star 2 times and 3rd star once in the 9 games

Jared Ramsden

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary
goodrev said:

he is tied for 1st in the league in goals in the playoffs and was 1st star 2 times and 3rd star once in the 9 games

holy crap :eek: think this guy might be NHL ready???

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
goodrev said:

Damn!!! Now that's a prospect!!! I guess he hasn't skipped a beat when it came to joining pro-hockey!!!

paxtang

May 1, 2003
Harrisburg
Leachmeister2000 said:
You'd think he'd need adjustment time. Wow.

He played there last year, he knew what he was getting in to. Plus he had 3 regular season games to get back into the groove.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
paxtang said:
He played there last year, he knew what he was getting in to. Plus he had 3 regular season games to get back into the groove.

You're selling the kid short, yeah he had an idea of what pro hockey was all about "3 whole games", but come on 6 goals in 8 play-off games is impressive for a veteran AHLer, let alone a 19 or 20 year old.

blah

Jun 24, 2003
He's dominating but he is somewhat familiar w/ the way they play and their players. I think Richards has been just as impressive. I don't think he's ever played or even practiced w/ the Phantoms until his junior season was over this year. Seems like he's fit right in and then some.

FlyersFan10*

What a nice dilemma we have in Philadelphia. Two young centermen who could easily be the number one guy in a couple of years time. Thank you for good scouting and great trade with Phoenix.

paxtang

May 1, 2003
Harrisburg
Where am I selling him short? I said he's been better than his stats indicate. I just pointed out that he played with the Phantoms last year, so he knew what he was getting into. 3 games wouldn't have been a lot if he hadn't been here last year, but he was, so they were kinda like preseason games to get back into the swing of AHL play. That doesn't change the fact he's tearing it up in playoff hockey.

X-SHARKIE

What I have seen from the Philly games via webcast is that Carter specifically, and to some extent Richards, they are both around a very talented core of veteran AHL players, and other talented kids like Umberger, Pitkanen ect.

Carter and Richards have been impressive no question, but they also have great supporting casts, and from what i've seen, guys like Ready, Sim, Sharp have set Carter up many times for nice plays.

It's been a team effort, don't sell the other guys short. Carter isn't just tearing threw the league, statistically yes, but alot of other guys in Philly are making it happen too.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
paxtang said:
Where am I selling him short? I said he's been better than his stats indicate.

True, I didn't realize that you were the same poster who mentioned that. IMO the Flyers are turning into this decades Devils in the sense that you guys are snagging some excellent talent while having a winning team, too bad Woywitka hasn't panned out better for the Oil, I would've loved getting either Carter or Richards in the Comrie trade instead!!! I've never been too high of Jeff, what are your thoughts on him considering that the Flyers drafted him???

paxtang

May 1, 2003
Harrisburg
X-SHARKIE said:
What I have seen from the Philly games via webcast is that Carter specifically, and to some extent Richards, they are both around a very talented core of veteran AHL players, and other talented kids like Umberger, Pitkanen ect.

Carter and Richards have been impressive no question, but they also have great supporting casts, and from what i've seen, guys like Ready, Sim, Sharp have set Carter up many times for nice plays.

It's been a team effort, don't sell the other guys short. Carter isn't just tearing threw the league, statistically yes, but alot of other guys in Philly are making it happen too.

And I'm going to have to respectully disagree with you here, especially with Carter. Besides the fact that Ready sucks (frankly, the only offensivly talented vet on the Phantoms is Sim since Murphy doesn't dress. Kane, Fedoruk, Ready and Meloche are all checkers) and has almost no offensive ability, many of Carter's goals have been mostly individual efforts. Breakaways, deking defenders out of their jocks, he's scored because he's just more talented then the people he's playing against. Sharp is a good linemate, and it's not like he's a one man show, but the kid had 9 shots in his first game. He carried the team offensivly through a series and has brought them to another level. Sure, the Phantoms are a good team without him. They are a great team with him.

longtime listener

Nov 18, 2003
Agreed

I'm in Philly and have had a chance to watch the Phantoms several times this season and in the past. Their M.O. without Carter in the lineup was basically play it safe, chip in a few and rely on Nitty's excellent goaltending to win games. They're a different team with Carter in the lineup. Much more creative and exciting. Much more dominating in the other team's end. I didn't anticipate Carter making such a big difference, but his impact has been plain to anybody familiar with the team.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
blah said:
He's dominating but he is somewhat familiar w/ the way they play and their players. I think Richards has been just as impressive. I don't think he's ever played or even practiced w/ the Phantoms until his junior season was over this year. Seems like he's fit right in and then some.

best. avatar. ever.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Not a huge surprise. Upgrade of his teammates produces good results with a talent like Carter.

MojoJojo

Jan 31, 2003
Philadelphia
Visit site
Carter with two goals tonight to help end this playoff series vs the WBS pens. So far Carter is at the top of the Calder cup scoring for all players, with 13 points (9 goals 4 assists) in 11 games.

:bow:

Liquidrage*

BuppY said:
This dude has some serious talent. I hate Philly but man do they have a player or what. :cry: This guy is Mats Sundin part 2.

You mean to say he is *on his way to being* Mats Sundin part 2.

Carter hasn't even seen a shift at the NHL level. And Sundin is going to be a HoFer.

Just at this point Carter still looks like he has the potential to be an all-star center in the NHL. Which is all you can hope for someone two years after the draft.

Flyerbum

May 8, 2005
MA
What's even sicker is having Carter and Richards coming
up to the big club together after having been teammates
for Canada and now the Phantoms. These guys are winning
post season games at a young age.

salzy

Mar 3, 2005
Windsor
BuppY said:
This dude has some serious talent. I hate Philly but man do they have a player or what. :cry: This guy is Mats Sundin part 2.

Please stop saying that. Joe Nieuwendyk part 2 is that more appropriate moniker. Joe's a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad