News Article: Jeff Carter Can't Wait To Get Going.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rain...wait.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Coaches

"Get the puck in deep"
"Get pucks at the net"
"Play our game"
"Make sure we get it out"
"Aggressive forecheck"

Jamie Kompon would get all of these in during his 30 second start of period interviews he used to do with Bob and Jim. Didn't matter if they were winning 3-0 or losing 3-0. That and his favorite one "Greasy Goal". I bet Kompon has a burner account where he shares videos of goals that deflect off shinpads and into the net.

Makes you appreciate a guy like Sutter who was good for unique quotes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Telos

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

Like the famous: "We did the little things right" ?
He repeated that every freaking after game.

Not once have i heard him saying:
"We did the difficult things right on a constant base, like all of our opponents, because it's expected from professional hockey players"

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
The title is ironic because the Kings and their fans couldn't wait any longer for Jeff to get going.

Ahhh i hate to pile on the guy but he was tough to watch these last few seasons.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Coaches

"Get the puck in deep"
"Get pucks at the net"
"Play our game"
"Aggressive forecheck"

Jamie Kompon would get all of these in during his 30 second start of period interviews he used to do with Bob and Jim. Didn't matter if they were winning 3-0 or losing 3-0. That and his favorite one "Greasy Goal". I bet Kompon has a burner account where he shares videos of goals that deflect off shinpads and into the net.

"stay out of the box"

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Will be watching Carts with his new team and pulling for him and the Pens! Carts was a great player during his time and better teammate I've heard

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
At 5 on 5, he scored at 1.61 points/game. Better than Brown. Not far behind Kopitar.
I can tell you this. Watching Grundstrom replace Carter on the AA/Lizotte line....
Holy shit. It's a disaster.
AA could play with Carter well enough to make up for the blackhole at center.
Now it's just garbage hockey.

I don't dislike the trade. It makes sense on several levels. But you also can't ignore some of the things Carter provided.

beedee

Jan 13, 2014
Player traded
Use these quotes:
Happy to be here
Always had a lot of respect for players on new team
Just trying to help where I can
Heard great things about the new organization
Loved my old team
Hockey is a business

you forgot:

"gotta take em one day at a time"
"hope I can help the ball club"

Coaches

"Get the puck in deep"
"Get pucks at the net"
"Play our game"
"Aggressive forecheck"

"stay out of the box"

Play a full 60 minutes.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
All I can think of when I see this thread:

40d93dfa05d4afc6470ad2da814a7824.gif

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
Coming in peace. i wonder what you guys think of your ol' boy #77 now that he's helping Pens. I realize most of you care but just curious. Will he dive off from the ridiculous high he's riding right now? Is he streaky?

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Coming in peace. i wonder what you guys think of your ol' boy #77 now that he's helping Pens. I realize most of you care but just curious. Will he dive off from the ridiculous high he's riding right now? Is he streaky?
He will probably come back down to Earth a little bit. But no hes not streaky. He was consistently the Kings best forward after Kopitar for almost a decade. Hes a great player when he cares and I imagine he will perform throughout the playoffs.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
He will probably come back down to Earth a little bit. But no hes not streaky. He was consistently the Kings best forward after Kopitar for almost a decade. Hes a great player when he cares and I imagine he will perform throughout the playoffs.
Carts is a great player and better when he has 2 linemates that compliment his game...12 goals in 17 games...Nice!!!

Crownroyal21

Mar 19, 2019
Tells something about the Kings boys. Most of you were saying he was dragging the second line down all year. Hmm...maybe he wasn’t the problem.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC

I think the Pens will lose in game 7 of the conference finals and next year, Carter will play 49 games before he suddenly retires.

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020

It's totally bizarre. Of his 8 goals on the Kings this year, his last 4 were not even shots that beat a goalie...and now he's firing shots past goalies. His shooting % on the Kings was 6.8%, one of the worst for ANY NHL forward with more than 100 shots...then he goes to the Pens and has 9 goals in last 14 games and 24.8% shooting percentage.
Have you EVER seen anyone go from 6.8% to 24.8% No. It's nutts.

I can recall 4 of his 8 goals...one was a great Vilardi deflection, that hit Carters leg and went in...one was a breakaway on Fleury, where Jeff didn't make a great move, but MAF opened his legs unlike I've never seen him on a breakaway and it went thru....1 was a high slot (about 15 feet from goal) deflection that he batted the puck down and it went in....the goalie was moving the wrong way and it went in...skill on the deflection? Sure...but 100% luck to go in. When you bat a puck down from 15 feet out, while facing the shooter, you're really not controlling where the puck will go...I think the other of the 4 was empty net...Jeff had not shot a puck past a goalie since January....and now, he's shooting pucks past
goalies. It's completely different, than his last 3 months here. Not even the same player.

Reactions: tbrown33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad