Jeff Blashill

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Why hasn't he been fired yet? Because, there's 0% chance he could coach this team next season... right? LA started their springcleaning yesterday...

I could understand arguments for Holland staying, but Blashill, no one in their right mind could let Blashill continue coaching here?

Slapper

Oct 26, 2015
Blashill just got chosen to coach USA in world championships. Will be interesting to see how that works out.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
He's not going anywhere...sooner people realize the better...coaching Team USA at the World Championships

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I don't care about his on-ice results (we're shouldn't be winning anything next year, regardless of who's behind the bench), but I'm concerned by how many players regressed. I don't want him back if he's going to continue to stunt the development of Mrazek, Larkin and AA.

Unfortunately, it's pretty clear he's going to be back as Holland's mid-season (or later) scapegoat.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
His team has been playing horrible all season, you can only blame the roster so much, you need to get more out of the current players, he hasnt showed that.

Really?

I feel like 75% of the blame for any team is almost always the roster.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
As long as Holland is the GM it doesn't matter who the coach is. But I do agree Blash is not the coach for Detroit. Just don't want to see a coach firing take the heat off what a Horrible job Holland has been doing going back to Babcock.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I think Holland has bought into Blashills long term approach in turning players into complete 2-way players. For that reason, I think he stays.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Didn't Holland say a few days ago that Blash is staying? I'll give him another season to see which direction the team trends in. Theres no real rush to get an awesome coach with how **** the roster is, we're in the middle of a rebuild.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Blash is coaching this team next year. 100%, don't know where this 0 came from.

Suavecito

Oct 8, 2016
Milwaukee
Has there been any other time where so many qualified coaches are available?

Yet Holland will stick with Blashill.

In other words, Holland wants dahlin/lil svech
This is the only way I can see Holland going with Blashill next season...He secretly wants another high-end pick.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
my money would be on holland keeping blashill, but did you folks honestly expect him to say "yeah we're firing blashill. he's a ****** coach" to the media today

holland speaks like a politician so you have to read between the lines to figure out what he really means. If you notice he said "right now" he thinks blashill should come back. he didn't say that blashill will be back for next season for sure

he also mentioned that they need to improve internally. Now that could mean lots of things but my first thought was the coaching staff

I swear it's like he reads hfboards and intentionally trolls us by saying the exact opposite that we want to hear from him

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
my money would be on holland keeping blashill, but did you folks honestly expect him to say "yeah we're firing blashill. he's a ****** coach" to the media today

holland speaks like a politician so you have to read between the lines to figure out what he really means. If you notice he said "right now" he thinks blashill should come back. he didn't say that blashill will be back for next season for sure

he also mentioned that they need to improve internally. Now that could mean lots of things but my first thought was the coaching staff

I swear it's like he reads hfboards and intentionally trolls us by saying the exact opposite that we want to hear from him

Ken Holland is also extremely loyal and has more than 2 years invested in Jeff Blashill.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
No one gets fired in Detroit. Players, Coaches, Executives. Its a country club with a lifetime membership. Stay as long as you want and if you get the desire to win voluntarily move on to another organization.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

And when I read that, I think that he's saying he will be focused on using the draft, and not making any major trades or free agent signings this summer.

But then he says they'll explore trades for anybody not protected in the expansion draft, so who knows. Or maybe he'll kick tires again, and have no intention on anything of substance.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
pretty much expecting him to be back with Holland's comments about it

it's a shame really,because I legitimately think he is going to ruin Larkin

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
I have no problem with us keeping Blashill. I got faith in the man, but the roster needs to be better. He has won at all levels, he will win at this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad