Jeff Blashill (mod warning post #44)

nhlisawesome

Oct 26, 2019
So what exactly needs to happen before we fire this joke? Do we need to lose 15 regulation games in a row? Fans have already stopped attending our home games (arena's only about half full even on weekends). Seriously, this guy hasn't got a clue how to coach this squad.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Hell yea, let's ride that Dan Bylsma train to the promised land!

tenor.gif

nhlisawesome

Oct 26, 2019
Aren’t happy with losing? This is what rebuilding teams do. Remember all the complaining about losing in the first round every year? This is what everyone wanted.
I was perfectly content with making the playoffs. We just got bad matchups (Boston, Tampa Bay x2, and Nashville) those teams were far to heavy and gritty and Howard just could never clutchup when it mattered most. What we're witnessing now is just brutal for the young players. We've established a losing culture and its only going to continue to (somehow) get even worse the longer we keep Blashill as a coach.

Reactions: The Wizard of Oz

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I was perfectly content with making the playoffs. We just got bad matchups (Boston, Tampa Bay x2, and Nashville) those teams were far to heavy and gritty and Howard just could never clutchup when it mattered most. What we're witnessing now is just brutal for the young players. We've established a losing culture and its only going to continue to (somehow) get even worse the longer we keep Blashill as a coach.
We've developed a losing culture because our good players got old and we didn't have the prospects to make up for them. Now we are accumulating prospects and not throwing them to the wolves so we have 2.5 lines of pure unadulterated crap. We still have Nielsen, Abby, Flip, and Helm under contract next year as well. Be ready to complain even more.

Reactions: saska sault

Air Budd Dwyer

Feb 11, 2012
Detroit
I’m completely content with losing for the next 2-3 years and then being kind of mediocre for another year or two before beginning to be a legit playoff threat again. It’s a rebuild. We are supposed to suck.

This team doesn’t have a coaching problem. It has a talent problem and no depth. Lottery picks for the next few years, followed by some upper mid round picks are welcomed for the next 5 years.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
So nobody wants a new coach then? Let's just keep losing every single game with zero change?
Could you please break down why Blashil is a worse coach than most NHL coaches? What should Blashil do to turn this pile of feces into a playoff team? Any specific lines or schemes?

Reactions: 14ari13

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
So nobody wants a new coach then? Let's just keep losing every single game with zero change?

I'm not going to sit here and say that Blashill is some amazing coach, but I dont think he is the reason why we are struggling. We are pretty much a one line team, if the opposition shuts down our first line we are going to loose more often then not. I don't think it matters who our coach is, this is going to happen. All I want to see right now out of Blashill is the continued development of our young players. Once we have a playoff level roster, then wins and losses will be how I evaluate him.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I'm not going to sit here and say that Blashill is some amazing coach, but I dont think he is the reason why we are struggling. We are pretty much a one line team, if the opposition shuts down our first line we are going to loose more often then not. I don't think it matters who our coach is, this is going to happen. All I want to see right now out of Blashill is the continued development of our young players. Once we have a playoff level roster, then wins and losses will be how I evaluate him.

This is the content we like to see.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
You mean those teams were just a lot better

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
It's not the coach, were you happy making the playoffs year after year just to get "demolished" in the first round? Time to pay the price.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
It's the content we deserve, but it's not the content we need.

I'm super confused as to why everyone thinks Bylsma will be the coach past this season if Blashill is canned... unless people don't actually think that, in which case it probably shouldn't be made a talking point.

Personally, I think it's because Bylsma would most likely take the reins if Blashill is fired. If you don't think Bylsma will be an upgrade, there is no point in firing Blashill right now unless anyone expects the Wings to go outside of the organization. That's what's being suggested with all of the fire blashill talk, that he be canned now.

Unless the Wings believe he has lost the room or don't like what he's doing with the prospects, I don't see any real reason for them to can him mid-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad