Jeff Blair - "hearing whispers that McDavid wants out"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVE MAN

Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
Wow! With the Oilers in Toronto, it's turned into a clown show! A lot of McDavid wanting out of Edmonton talk. Listen to Jeff Blair's podcast if you get a chance. Spector is on it. At the 1 min mark, Jeff comments on people hearing whispers that McDavid wants out of this mess (Edmonton). Ive never heard that before! Is this true or the Toronto media stirring up &*$%? I know its bad but is McDavid looking to bail?

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It's probably not completely false, but a good year or two can change that pretty quickly.

Reactions: ptest100

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Too soon. If things don't improve over the next two seasons, then this could certainly be true.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I doubt that he's happy with the way that things have gone these last 2 seasons, but he should be willing to tough it out for a little longer as long as there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
Yep, have gone to SO or won in the last 4 games, of which he hasn't played in 3 of them and now's when he complains.
Toronto Media can suck an egg.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
What could we get for a McDavid and a Draisaitl in a trade? Enough to prevent me from crying my eyes out and never watching hockey again?

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Toronto media are great at chasing players off the maple leafs,now it looks like they want to expand and see if they can chase players away from otherCanadian markets?

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
Wow! With the Oilers in Toronto, it's turned into a clown show! A lot of McDavid wanting out of Edmonton talk. Listen to Jeff Blair's podcast if you get a chance. Spector is on it. At the 1 min mark, Jeff comments on people hearing whispers that McDavid wants out of this mess (Edmonton). Ive never heard that before! Is this true or the Toronto media stirring up &*$%? I know its bad but is McDavid looking to bail?
i wouldn't say he is looking to get out until year 6-7 of this current deal. they have to give him and the fans excited about something in the next 2-3 years though otherwise it could spiral out of control

WhySoSerious

Feb 26, 2019
I doubt that he's happy with the way that things have gone these last 2 seasons, but he should be willing to tough it out for a little longer as long as there's light at the end of the tunnel.
Why should he be willing when the Oilers have continually made bad trade after bad trade. There's no light at the end of the tunnel, until we see positive moves it's more of the same OBC.

WhySoSerious

Feb 26, 2019
Toronto media are great at chasing players off the maple leafs,now it looks like they want to expand and see if they can chase players away from otherCanadian markets?
"Hearing whispers" means that the media is making it up? Well whatever helps you sleep at night, I'm sure McDavid is thrilled with what his first 4 seasons in the NHL has looked like.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Why should he be willing when the Oilers have continually made bad trade after bad trade. There's no light at the end of the tunnel, until we see positive moves it's more of the same OBC.

Well for one thing he signed an 8 year $100 million contract with us. There will be a new GM and head coach in place next season and a lot of new players for him to play with next season. In the meantime he should work on his own game to take is game to another level goalscoring wise.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
"Hearing whispers" means that the media is making it up? Well whatever helps you sleep at night, I'm sure McDavid is thrilled with what his first 4 seasons in the NHL has looked like.

Shocking that Leaf fans need to come running here.

Like I said, wishful thinking.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Never heard of him before. Sounds like an obnoxious blowhard. One of many out there.

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo

Without sounding like a troll. Where is the light?. The cap is only going up so much to elevate your cap problem

WhySoSerious

Feb 26, 2019
Well for one thing he signed an 8 year $100 million contract with us. There will be a new GM and head coach in place next season and a lot of new players for him to play with next season. In the meantime he should work on his own game to take is game to another level goalscoring wise.
McDavid is the last thing from the problem, be lucky he took a discount and didn't force you guys to fork up $14-15 million per year.

I hope the Oilers turn it around for McDavid's sake but a decade plus of poor decision making doesn't give you the benefit of the doubt until proper actions are taken. For all you know, Craig McTavish or Kevin Lowe could be named the new GM.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Could well be. His 2nd year was a damn good one. Last season was crap and this season while almost over is still one that the playoffs could happen if he goes beast mode. The team is not that far away from a playoff team. If the season ends and we return the same roster next season then most definitely he should question wtf management is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad