Celebrity Death: Jeff Beck RIP

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Really hurts. Probably saw him a dozen times or close to it. Never failed to amaze with his imagination and skill.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Highly underrated. Gets over looked due Clapton and Page
I usually see him put up there with the greats like those two and Hendrix. I think the last time Rolling Stone did a list he was 5 behind those 3 and Keith Richard's. I think it's more one of those underappreciated by the masses, but those who know, know sort of things (given most of the people polled were iconic/big name guitarists). RIP to a legend.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Highly underrated. Gets over looked due Clapton and Page

I usually see him put up there with the greats like those two and Hendrix. I think the last time Rolling Stone did a list he was 5 behind those 3 and Keith Richard's. I think it's more one of those underappreciated by the masses, but those who know, know sort of things (given most of the people polled were iconic/big name guitarists). RIP to a legend.

Zeppelin and Cream are both in my top 10 favorite bands, and Jimi's Voodoo Child is my favorite guitar tune

But I couldn't name a single Jeff Beck song to save my life!

I think he got his due as a guitar player, he just didn't write the kind of music that translated to mainstream popularity

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Zeppelin and Cream are both in my top 10 favorite bands, and Jimi's Voodoo Child is my favorite guitar tune

But I couldn't name a single Jeff Beck song to save my life!

I think he got his due as a guitar player, he just didn't write the kind of music that translated to mainstream popularity

I am here in the UK and the best line I heard since his passing was "he was best known as the replacement"--nearly everywhere he went--he replaced Page or Clapton or was easier to get.

Like Page, Beck came out of the UK version of the wrecking crew and he was a pro--if you needed someone to do the job and not cause trouble and knock your socks off? It was Beck.

still one of my favourite songs. Either you love it or hate it--but there is a statement in the video

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad