Speculation: Jeff Angus: Canucks to let Max Lapierre go to UFA. (or not, UPD: June 18, 2013)

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Our team is softer than butter and letting Lap go will just make it worse.

The Canucks had their best seasons when everyone hated them...this whole "lets be friends" image campaign has coincided with two playoff sweeps and and uninspired regular season.

:laugh: Maybe they took Hitchcock's comment about starting to lose if they want people to like them to heart.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
One of the better low cost gritty type players on the market. Also one of my favorite Canucks. Still holding out hope that he's resigned.

Matt Hendricks just got $1.85 million.

Lapierre is going to push $2 million/year from some stupid team.

I would have liked him back, also, but once he hit the open market it's highly unlikely.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Matt Hendricks just got $1.85 million.

Lapierre is going to push $2 million/year from some stupid team.

I would have liked him back, also, but once he hit the open market it's highly unlikely.

Kyle Chipchura got $875k. I think Hendricks is going to be more of an outlier, but I might be wrong.

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
Kyle Chipchura got $875k. I think Hendricks is going to be more of an outlier, but I might be wrong.

He certainly had as much hype as any fourth liner out there (except Boyd Gordon if you consider him among that group) so hopefully you're right.

I'd like the team to add a legitimate NHL player to play on that line this year, doesn't have to be today but starting the year with Sestito/Lain/Weise would be just like all the other bush league fourth lines we've iced over the last few years.. except the players are a little more 'never will' than 'has been.'

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->