Jeeps, trucks, off-roading

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Gonna post it here. If anyone comes across any good deals on either a 6 Litre or 6.7 Ford, I'd greatly appreciate a message. Should also note that i'd like to keep my travel to get it as far west and south as Montreal (As I live in the Maritimes)

RichWVU

Sep 17, 2014
This was my last vehicle, 2008 Trail Team Edition, manual trans. Was a monster in the woods and in the snow, but my goodness it sucked so bad on the road. The manuals were full time 4x4 (some 60/40 split or something) meaning it was 15-16 mpg on the highway, and had a tough time climbing some of the WV mountains in 6th gear at highway speed.

804d5b4c467f13dc9a32f1f529e51951.jpg

58f7547107fe25915bc58cb9f7d3550d.jpg

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler, but it is my daily driver. As it and my family ages I am hoping it will become less of a daily vehicle.

I just bought some Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 33s tires and MT Deegan Pro 2 rims. I will try and hit some trails but with no lift and no snorkel I wouldn't go for any deep mud/water.

Funny/Pathetic new jeep owner story. I took my 7 day old stock jeep on a dirt trail "just for some fun". Unbeknownst to me, the trail had deteriorated a lot, it had rained a ton in the spring and hadn't dried up and clearly recently had a tractor go through to create deep wheel ruts. Well all of 200 ft in and I knew I had to get out, unfortunately I did not. Got jammed in a rut and ended up hood down in the ditch. Air intake fully submerged and therefore engine flooded with water.

Amazingly, after getting pulled out by a friend's Titan, it still ran for a fair bit before the computer shut her down. Super lucky it survived. Good times... Good lesson. The first 3 oil changes looked like milk chocolate running out.

That trail was shut down permanently less than 2 months later.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
Picked up a Jeep GC trailhawk last week, love it. And it gets very good fuel economy if you get the V6

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Picked up a Jeep GC trailhawk last week, love it. And it gets very good fuel economy if you get the V6

I didn't know they made a Trailhawk edition for the Grand Cherokee thought it was a Cherokee option.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I offroaded my Raptors. Just had to drive 3+ hours to find a worthy spot in Florida.

Sitting back now and will wait to see what the Ford Bronco and the TRX Ram offers before getting back into it. Two different applications, but up to go trail riding rather than trail jumping lol if the Bronco delivers.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I have a 2017 GC Trailhawk with the 5.7. I put 20k miles on it in the first year and loved every single one of them.

I haven’t been able to do serious off roading besides taking it to various LI beaches and empty parking lots during snow storms, but it seems pretty capable so far. It’s also great on the highway. It’s so much quicker than any vehicle in that class should be.

Reactions: CPTN71

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
My neighbor just bought one. He loves it. It's his first new Pick up truck in 17 years. I have to say If I was going to get a Pick up Truck I would consider the Colorado.
Awesome! I actually work in the plant they’re made in, so I was just curious to hear what people had to say. I’ve generally heard good reviews but also bad ones, so that’s good to hear. Haven’t actually had a chance to drive one though lol

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I have a 2015 Rubicon JKU. I also had two Cherokees and another JKU, but a sport. Went offroading many times, made an overlanding trip with the first JKU (2008, Sport, manual, on 33'S Duratrac.)... I went all the way from Montreal, up to Gaspé, around to Saint johns, Halifax and back to MTL all using dirt roads. Took me about three weeks. Cost me about 1500 in gas :laugh: It was one of the best things Ive done in my life though. So much fun.

Reactions: beowulf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad