Jean-Philippe Paquette potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger108218

Mar 11, 2002
Visit site
First off i wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.Second i was wondering if someone can tell me what you think Jean-Philippe Paquettes potential is,and where he will go in this years draft.I remember this time alst year many people were calling him a top 10 pick,but now your really dont hear much about him.Is it because his total lack of scoring?Or is tha tjust not the style of game he plays?Thanks for any help.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
ranger108218 said:
First off i wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.Second i was wondering if someone can tell me what you think Jean-Philippe Paquettes potential is,and where he will go in this years draft.I remember this time alst year many people were calling him a top 10 pick,but now your really dont hear much about him.Is it because his total lack of scoring?Or is tha tjust not the style of game he plays?Thanks for any help.
It's too early to say for sure, but I cannot see him in the top 10. Maybe a later 1st rounder a la Schultz or Green last year (not a stylistic comparison, just draft position), or even into the 2nd round. He looks like a good one, but I'm not sure any one aspect of his game jumps off the page enough to push him up real high in a strong draft. I don't know what style he normally plays, but there were no signs at all of him wanting to handle to puck or get involved in any offense against Russia. He played well enough in his own zone, making short, safe plays and not shying away from anything. He looked pretty cool and steady and tough enough. But not "special" in any way. Quietly competent.

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
Good two-way dman (rarity in the Q, but seemingly in abundance this year) with a great shot, who I reckon could sneak into the late-first round. I'd say he's only a bit behind Bourdon.

I could see anyone who was shooting for Bourdon and missing take Paquet in an instant.

I missed the majority of both Russian games, so can't comment on how he performed in them in comparison to how I've seen him.

EDIT: Quietly competent works for me too.

LHJMQFAN

Oct 30, 2004
I can see that Paquet is big and a good player but I find he makes judgment erros sometimes and that might cost him. Aside from the fact that he has a reputation made thru the years, I find there are a couple of better defenseman in the Q right now, Gragnani from PEI being one.
Bourdon did play well in the Q-Russia challenge but Paquet really did not impress him. Maybe he was tired or impressed by the Russians but he failed to show what the big fuss around him is.
I don't think he will make first round, most probably second .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->