Jean Pagé, ex host of 'La Soirée du hockey' and '110%' has passed away

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Will just always remember that voice. Calm. Great tone. His laugh during 110%. Just seems to be a really nice man. That my dad knew when he was a usher at the Forum and Molson Centre. R.I.P. Mr. Pagé. Reposez-en paix.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Rest In Peace . A part of my childhood too, where every word a commentator said was important as was our only access to information , unlike today

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
It's crazy how all these Soirée du hockey/Olympic personalities seem like such nice people with great character that ooze professionalism. I don't know but I can't stand 90% of the sports personalities these days the way the act. Maybe it's just nostalgia but I never heard a bad word regarding any of them. All of them from René Lecavalier, Lionel Duval, Gilles Tremblay, Richard Garneau, Jean Pagé all seem like genuine smart good people.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
It's crazy how all these Soirée du hockey/Olympic personalities seem like such nice people with great character that ooze professionalism. I don't know but I can't stand 90% of the sports personalities these days the way the act. Maybe it's just nostalgia but I never heard a bad word regarding any of them. All of them from René Lecavalier, Lionel Duval, Gilles Tremblay, Richard Garneau, Jean Pagé all seem like genuine smart good people.
La Presse's sports journalists are like this too. You know, people who are actual members of the FPJQ.

When you learn Quebecor doesnt believe people writing their articles should be certified professional journalists it tells a lot. Same for RDS, a lot of former players/staff but very few journalists. I'm the biggest souverainiste but I'll pick up Power Corp news over any Quebecor paper/network.

The best, most professional remains Le Devoir but their sports section suck. I understand that it's not their focus though.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016

No mate, it is not nostaligia, back in the day, all these personalities worked hard to become what they did, today many of our society have a sense of entitlement, and act as such as announcers.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I had posted updates about his health in the media thread and was all too aware that his life was coming to an end. He was a kind, caring man by many accounts. RIP.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Pierre Houde speaking about Pagé just now on RDS.

Says he spent a few hours with his daughter at an Als game a few weeks ago and how he was moved by Pagé's courage.

René Lecavalier, Lionel Duval, Richard Garneau, Claude Quenneville ... following all of these greats was Jean Pagé who brought La soirée du hockey into a new era. Remembers all the time he spent co-hosting La soirée du hockey with Pagé, drinking wine after the broadcasts, how Pagé would laugh at Houde's imitations.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Pierre Houde speaking about Pagé just now on RDS.

Says he spent a few hours with his daughter at an Als game a few weeks ago and how he was moved by Pagé's courage.

René Lecavalier, Lionel Duval, Richard Garneau, Claude Quenneville ... following all of these greats was Jean Pagé who brought La soirée du hockey into a new era. Remembers all the time he spent co-hosting La soirée du hockey with Pagé, drinking wine after the broadcasts, how Pagé would laugh at Houde's imitations.

The last of a long line of a classy guys working at the french CBC. Only him could put order into that nuthouse at 110% back in the day because he was such a great guy.

R.I.P.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
May he RIP. He was a big part of my childhood watching hockey.

Looking at it today, he didn't pretend to be someone he was not, and never tried to make it about himself. It was always about the athletes.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
And from that damn prostate cancer he has been fighting against for so long... while being very involved in raising awareness about that illness.

Chapeau, M. Pagé, et merci pour ces magnifiques soirées du hockey, ces jeux olympiques et 110%.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
May he RIP. He was a big part of my childhood watching hockey.

Looking at it today, he didn't pretend to be someone he was not, and never tried to make it about himself. It was always about the athletes.
I think that's the biggest difference with that generation, it was always about the athlete. Never about their personal agenda and never any need for made up hot takes. They had so much respect for the athletes and never crossed that line. Class all the way through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->